DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro

My wife and I drove the PCH from Napa to L.A. This was a nice, quick flashback. Very nice. Thanks.

Hi guys,
I just got back from California a few days ago after doing some flying with the Mavic around Santa Cruz and San Francisco.
I shot in 4096x2160 but decided to convert the footage to 2.39:1 (4096x1714) for a more cinematic image. Searching around, I haven't seen anyone else try this with the Mavic yet.

-2_0_0, 24fps, PolarPro ND/PLs, 1/50-1/80 shutter, AgateG color profile.
Enjoy!

Love your work Ed. I'm a subscriber to your YouTube channel too, some really awesome and useful content there. Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thanks guys! I appreciate that, ollyglenn!

I've done some output blanking to 2.35:1 and 2.39:1. I love the more cinematic look when it fits the footage!

Resolve makes it easy to do this blanking. I still export to 16x9 because some sites don't deal well with actual 2.35:1 files, but the result is the same!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I've done some output blanking to 2.35:1 and 2.39:1. I love the more cinematic look when it fits the footage!

Resolve makes it easy to do this blanking. I still export to 16x9 because some sites don't deal well with actual 2.35:1 files, but the result is the same!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Awesome! I find that using a 2.39:1 timeline to edit allows me to easily scoot the footage up or down the Y axis to adjust composition for the letterboxed image. Then, like in the case of this video, I exported out at 3840x2160 for YouTube to display without issue. It kept the letterbox as part of the video file.

Reactions: FLwaverunner
The loss of detail/"watercolor effect" in most shots was disturbing.
I quite like -2 sharpness for the brighter shots. The only shots where things were getting sketchy were later in the day during the cliff scenes when I had to bump up the ISO to 800-1600.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+