DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro in windy conditions

MavicPro

Reactions
Is it easy to lose the Mavic flying in windy conditions?
How windy is too windy?

its pretty stable and adept at handling a fair amount of wind. Just keep it near by and dont fly too high and ull be okay

Reactions: MavicPro
its pretty stable and adept at handling a fair amount of wind. Just keep it near by and dont fly too high and ull be okay
Yeah, I'm always nervous about flying my Mavic in the wind, I don't fly my P4P in windy conditions either. But I have noticed both the P4P & Mavic move around just as much in the wind.

What would you say is too high wind speed?

Also keep in mind when flying in wind you can't trust your range expectations anymore, and itf you are far out, you may not have the juice left to make it home after a battery warning against the wind

This guy testing the mavic in winds upto 40mph.
Wow! I'm very impressed! Thanks for that video bud! I appreciate that.

The reason I ask this question, I'm going camping at the beach in July for a week, we go every year, this is the first year I will be taking a drone, it gets pretty windy over the ocean some days and this has eased my mind! Now if I could get over the fear of flying over water haha

Also keep in mind when flying in wind you can't trust your range expectations anymore, and itf you are far out, you may not have the juice left to make it home after a battery warning against the wind
That makes sense. Thanks. I will definitely keep that in mind

Over water flying: dont get too low even if u think ur approaching an epic shot and u can descend a little further to capture it. Possibly buy those float landing legs just in case.

Over water flying: dont get too low even if u think ur approaching an epic shot and u can descend a little further to capture it. Possibly buy those float landing legs just in case.
Ok. Good idea! :) better safe than sorry

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Venture3344555