DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro insurance

Antman305

Reactions
I got my mavic pro insured today!! Threw state Farm. No I don't work for them you can see my youtube channel... it's small lol. But I'm just saying it covers the drone and one extra battery with no deductible for 60 dollars a year!! Theft, loss, crash or water even if flying over water.... great!

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

Is that a $1 million liability policy for a business that also covers damage to the aircraft?

I just talked to my State Farm agent today, apparently I'm her 1st drone client she did say that I can receive coverage and will call with a quote on tomorrow. However the policy doesn't cover injuries or property damages I'm guessing liability or full coverage for the MP only.

Reactions: Antman305
Excellent topic and discussion - I need to follow up with my provider.

Sent from my iPhone

I just got $2 million liability insurance for commercial work with my Mavic in Canada. The company is Capri insurance out of BC. $300 for the year.

Reactions: Antman305 and KMnO4
I just talked to my State Farm agent today, apparently I'm her 1st drone client she did say that I can receive coverage and will call with a quote on tomorrow. However the policy doesn't cover injuries or property damages I'm guessing liability or full coverage for the MP only.

Just talked to an agent - $30/yr for drone repair or replacement. Signing up tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone

Spoke to 2 statefarm insurance agents (southern california) and they dont even know what they are talking about. They had to research (called someone I guess) and said they do not offer it neither it can be covered by personal asset insurance.

Anyone from California successfully insured their MP via statefarm ?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

The one I spoke to in NE said that I was the second person to request coverage and that she would need to talk to their underwriter. I suspect it'll take time for more companies to start offering - but hey, where money is to be made corporation are sure to follow and the sooner the better.

Sent from my iPhone

I got insurance with State Farm on Tuesday. 60/year full coverage, no deductible. She said I was the first in my town in Colorado but she just took the serial and the receipt. Done in 5 minutes in and out. Has anyone had to make a claim yet?

from my understanding, there are only a handful of state that provide drone insurance. I recall someone saying only 7 states currently have it. I know South Carolina does NOT offer it. But Delaware does and its all through StateFarm.

Last edited:
I really think we should spread the word. We can help alot of people out I mean I would like someone to tell me about this insurance if I didn't know and I lost it . All I'm saying is it can help everyone keep flying no matter what. Let's spread the word I believe alot of good can come out of this. Post it on forums.

from my understanding, there are only a handful of state that provide drone insurance. I recall someone saying only 7 states currently have it. I know South Carolina does NOT offer it. But Delaware does and its all through StateFarm.
Georgia does

Again the agents are clueless about this they have to email in to get it done.its some called a personal articles application for a drone.

Spoke to 2 statefarm insurance agents (southern california) and they dont even know what they are talking about. They had to research (called someone I guess) and said they do not offer it neither it can be covered by personal asset insurance.

Anyone from California successfully insured their MP via statefarm ?

They said it's a personal article for a drone that's what it's under in state Farm the agent I talked to had no idea about it and had to email there head office underwriters.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun