DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro insurance

Got a Statw Farm personal articles policy with no deductible for my Mavic in CT for $50.

I did get some information about liability. Through State Farm if you have renters insurance, that would cover if someone is injured or property is damaged.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: KMnO4
FLORIDA here. I got mine thru SF. $75/year. No deductible. Covers anything that happens to it (theft, damage,etc.) It just doesnt cover any damage it may do (fly into someones car amd damages car, etc.)

When I asked the agent how come it was $75 as opposed to what others here were paying SF, he replied that its a FL thing that lowest price SF charges for any kind of policy here is $75. I'm curious to hear from other FL members.

The drone only weighs a couple pounds there's really no liability. I paid 60 it's 15 less then your 75 but I lived in Florida most my life and I would pay 75 I mean it covers alot so i think anything under a hundred Is ok. In my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

FLORIDA here. I got mine thru SF. $75/year. No deductible. Covers anything that happens to it (theft, damage,etc.) It just doesnt cover any damage it may do (fly into someones car amd damages car, etc.)

When I asked the agent how come it was $75 as opposed to what others here were paying SF, he replied that its a FL thing that lowest price SF charges for any kind of policy here is $75. I'm curious to hear from other FL members.

Is this a stand alone policy in Florida or do you need to already be a State Farm policy holder?

Check out Verifly – On-demand Drone Insurance

On demand liability insurance for drones.

For now, I am using DJI Care Refresh as my insurance policy for the Mavic itself.

Allstate will not insure in Texas, haven't called USAA yet.

I phoned USAA and found out they don't insure drones- though was a brief call and person didn't sound too confident with the response. Might not hurt to call anyway - might get them to start considering such a policy.

Sent from my iPhone

Called them today. They will call me back Monday with info.

I just purchased the care refresh but the SF policy sounds better with no deductible and replacement for lost.

Reactions: Antman305
The posters in this area seem to be not too well informed when it comes to "State Farm".....they are the 2nd worst insurance company next to Allstate...google Hurricane Katrina and State farm for a prime example....

I have to say that I'm glad to see insurance companies are willing to cover drones and service repairs... but i would never go through RENTER's Insurance policies.

I had one years ago and for $100, I was covered upto $10,000 for losses. I was told repeated that I'd be covered and all would be replaced ... I was young and I though that meant All will be replaced at no cost to me.

-BUT- the deductible was $1,000... and at claim time, I had to provide 3 independent "estimates" for the stolen property. And the kicker was they would only pay out for the LOWEST estimated price for the item.

Back then it was a $2600 French Racing Bicycle that was stolen..and what I ended up getting back was $600.

So for a $1000 Mavic Pro, they wouldn't pay **** for it's replacement.

Whatever Policy you guys are looking into, DEDUCTIBLE is a Huge concern. At least, it has been for me since I got burned. So BE AWARE!

I got my mavic pro insured today!! Threw state Farm. No I don't work for them you can see my youtube channel... it's small lol. But I'm just saying it covers the drone and one extra battery with no deductible for 60 dollars a year!! Theft, loss, crash or water even if flying over water.... great!

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app
how much coverage did you get for that dollar value wise? Flyaways covered and it sinking to the bottom of river? I got a quote from my local agent same as yours but haven't talked to them yet.

I have been insured with StateFarm for 8 months with my previous Phantom 3 A and now my Mavic Pro. Covers everything and any instance. Personal Article Policy. 60 / year in Nevada. I was the first policy of this kind written in Northern Nevada. Great peace of mind. Hope I never have to file a claim. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu