DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro insurance

Do you already have insurance through State Farm? They told me $41/yr and I'm in WA for $1500 coverage. I don't have insurance through them now however. Sounds like I need to call the agent you spoke to.

Well I only asked for $1000 coverage so I'm sure that's the difference. I figure if I lose the Mavic in the Sound or something, I really only need about $800 coverage. If it it gets stolen with the controller, it's only $1000. Why insure for $1500? You have to show them your receipt (at least I did) so they're only going to cut you a check for what you paid...or perhaps what replacement cost is at that time. I don't really know.

I'm no longer a SF customer because they really, and I mean REALLY hosed me on a renter's insurance claim a few years ago. It's rather hard for me to stomach going back to them for this, but the more I think about it, the more I would enjoy making them buy me a new drone ahould I have to replace it.

I really think we should spread the word. We can help alot of people out I mean I would like someone to tell me about this insurance if I didn't know and I lost it . All I'm saying is it can help everyone keep flying no matter what. Let's spread the word I believe alot of good can come out of this. Post it on forums.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app
That's a good rate! But consider this.....getting it covered under your normal homeowner's policy instead of the personal articles floater can cover you for damage to property or personal injury to others. This is also a great peace of mind. Couple that with the DJI Refresh, and both bases are covered. Nothing extra if it under the homeowner policy, and most policies have $500k liablility. This won't make much sense if it is virtually impossible for your quad to hit anything or anyone. Just a thought! My USAA homeowners covers this for me, and I have the DJI Refresh as well.

True, but I'd be concerned about the long term impact on my homeowner's insurance rates because I had a lost toy replaced. Maybe they wouldn't jack up your rates after a drone claim, but I wouldn't put it past them.

Getting it under homeowners also seems like a bad idea because those usually have a 500-1000 deductible, whereas the personal articles seem to have a 0 deductible.

Reactions: Chris J
The drone only weighs a couple pounds there's really no liability. I paid 60 it's 15 less then your 75 but I lived in Florida most my life and I would pay 75 I mean it covers alot so i think anything under a hundred Is ok. In my opinion.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app
A pound and a half rock dropping out of the sky at terminal velocity and hitting someone is going to cause injuries- think of taking a flying puck or a baseball at a sporting event in the head.

CHANCES of hitting someone are low if you're flying away from folks like you're supposed to, but what about flyaways? Hate paying for insurance and always worry in a liability claim that they'll pay the injured party and then sue you for negligence to recover their costs, but if there's coverage, that's actual coverage without weasel words, it's worth getting, and demanded to fly legally in Canada.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

Well I only asked for $1000 coverage so I'm sure that's the difference. I figure if I lose the Mavic in the Sound or something, I really only need about $800 coverage. If it it gets stolen with the controller, it's only $1000. Why insure for $1500? You have to show them your receipt (at least I did) so they're only going to cut you a check for what you paid...or perhaps what replacement cost is at that time. I don't really know.

I'm no longer a SF customer because they really, and I mean REALLY hosed me on a renter's insurance claim a few years ago. It's rather hard for me to stomach going back to them for this, but the more I think about it, the more I would enjoy making them buy me a new drone ahould I have to replace it.

$1500 would cover everything I have spent on the drone and accessories sitting in my bag in case my car got broken into or my house was burglarized. It's good to know I can save a little though by asking for $1000 coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

$1500 would cover everything I have spent on the drone and accessories sitting in my bag in case my car got broken into or my house was burglarized. It's good to know I can save a little though by asking for $1000 coverage.

That's reasonable, just make sure you ask about the conditions and exclusions. My policy specifically says it does not cover portable electronic devices (so no trackers, cell phones, tablets, or whatever else i'm using with the drone). If you're wanting to cover everything you keep in your bag, you need to specifically state that to the agent and provide values of each item.

For me, I'm just trying to cover replacement cost of the Mavic itself as I see the most likely scenario is crashing it way up in the mountains or in an alpine lake where I do most of my backpacking.

That's reasonable, just make sure you ask about the conditions and exclusions. My policy specifically says it does not cover portable electronic devices (so no trackers, cell phones, tablets, or whatever else i'm using with the drone). If you're wanting to cover everything you keep in your bag, you need to specifically state that to the agent and provide values of each item.

For me, I'm just trying to cover replacement cost of the Mavic itself as I see the most likely scenario is crashing it way up in the mountains or in an alpine lake where I do most of my backpacking.

Ok yes good point. Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for informing people about a third party insurance, I for one didn't even think about getting it. Luckily I live in Texas so I can get it.

I did get some information about liability. Through State Farm if you have renters insurance, that would cover if someone is injured or property is damaged.

But, is this if it happens on your own property or anywhere there is a difference and it's something that we must know before we fly

I got statefarm agent contact through this forum in WA, the process was so simple and it was only 32$/year. She was so helpful and easy to work through email and did not push for any more policies.

It's like buying one more accessory but a much needed one.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots