DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost - Aircraft Disconnected Midflight

befowler

Reactions
Hi,

I lost my Mavic today. It was not far away. Attached are the flight logs. The signal became weak, and then it prompted me if I wanted to retrun to home. I said yes, but it never came back. It said aircraft disconneted on DJIGo4, and just kept saying connecting on my controller. I tried unplugging and replugging the cable to my iPhone, but this did not fix the problem. I then eventually powered off and on the controller and it didn't regain connection. I did update the firmware to the latest firmware just before I took off.

Attached is my flight log. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I so far have been unable to retrieve the Mavic. I had DJI Care Refresh.

Attachments

• DroneLog_5.20.txt
    40.8 KB · Views: 36
Please upload your TXT flight log here and post a link back here. You'll find instructions for locating your TXT flight log at that link.

You'll need to upload the TXT flight log created by DJI GO on your mobile device. Please see my instructions here.

I retrieved the video from the flight too. Unfortunately, it appears the Mavic went into the pond. Do you think DJI will acknowledge this was a hardware failure?

When the signal became weak and it asked if you wanted return to home had you lost signal before then? Or did you lose signal before then was prompted whether you wanted to RTH?

I lost signal for a split second on a flight this morning. I was never asked about RTH or anything. I just took the MP a little bit higher bc i figured I was being obstructed by trees.

When the signal became weak and it asked if you wanted return to home had you lost signal before then? Or did you lose signal before then was prompted whether you wanted to RTH?

I lost signal for a split second on a flight this morning. I was never asked about RTH or anything. I just took the MP a little bit higher bc i figured I was being obstructed by trees.

I lost the signal for a split second and was prompted to RTH. I said yes RTH, but signal was never restored. My RTH altitude was at 50 meters which was well above the tallest trees of 20 meters.

I also tried hitting the RTH button on the controller but with no response from the aircraft.

Per Weather Underground, the wind was blowing at about 17 MPH on the ground at the time of your flight. It was most likely stronger than that several feet up in the air. So, I'm thinking your Mavic was either not able to return home because the wind was too strong or the sun triggered the obstacle avoidance sensors and prevented it from moving forward or prevented it from making much forward progress.

Your Mavic most likely either landed safely on the ground or onto one of the obstacles along the flight path between the home point and last known location. Try following the red line in the image below from the last known location to the home point.

Location.jpg

I took a look at the flight and found nothing unusual.
When I looked at the flight path I did find one thing that I think caused the crash. You lost line of sight with the craft once you started to descend. I think your signal was getting lower and lower as you descended further downward, until you lost the signal. There is no data as to why the craft did not RTH but I suspect you might have either had too low of a return altitude set or you had the RTH set to hover in place. How high was the RTH set to and what was it set to do? If we know that we may be able to give you a better idea of where it crashed.

LineSight.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
Reactions: CrowsFeet
Thank you! Unfortunately the location of the Mavic is a gated community. Security is aware I lost it there but I'm prevented from searching myself.

In your experience is there a possibility that's DJI will issue me a replacement drone based on the flight data?

Per Weather Underground, the wind was blowing at about 17 MPH on the ground at the time of your flight. It was most likely stronger than that several feet up in the air. So, I'm thinking your Mavic was either not able to return home because the wind was too strong or the sun triggered the obstacle avoidance sensors and prevented it from moving forward or prevented it from making much forward progress.

Your Mavic most likely either landed safely on the ground or onto one of the obstacles along the flight path between the home point and last known location. Try following the red line in the image below from the last known location to the home point.

View attachment 13265

I though he said the video showed that it went down in the Pond. Was that a guess on his part? I am assuming it is.

Rob

Thank you! Unfortunately the location of the Mavic is a gated community. Security is aware I lost it there but I'm prevented from searching myself.

In your experience is there a possibility that's DJI will issue me a replacement drone based on the flight data?

I wish I could sugar coat it but unfortunately I seriously doubt it.
Nothing in the logs shows any kind of malfunction.

Rob

is there a possibility that's DJI will issue me a replacement drone based on the flight data?
No. The data doesn't show anything unusual. The only thing one can really gain from it is a bit of pilot error where you let an obstacle come between the Mavic and remote controller.

Okay. Thanks good news is I just got access to the site. I'll keep everyone updated.

Just reviewed the site. No luck. It must of made it into the pond. It was going 40 mph in the direction of the pond when it disconnected.

Best of luck on your rescue mission! I had a similar experience last week (on my 3rd flight with the MP ) but I was lucky that the RTH worked flawlessly (or lucky to be at the right altitude). I'll post my experience as soon as family obligations allow me

That was a speedy search! Did you make sure to check all of the roofs, the ground around those homes, up in the trees, and in any of the other trees along that return to home path?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent