DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Lost!!!!

Reactions: Gary cato
It's currently in a large bag of rice to help it dry. I will attempt to retrieve the DAT file once it appears to be dry. It rained quite a bit here over the last 24 hours so I didn't want to take any chances by turning it on yet.

Thank you. Yes I completely agree with you. The members on here go way above and beyond to help newcomers such as myself or anyone for that matter. this forum alone is the only hope mavic users have until DJI decides it actually wants to provide the service part of "customer service" I called to update the status of my email to them and let them know I had retrieved the mavic. He couldn't even find my ticket even though I provided him the number of it. I did however get him to guarantee a maximum 2 week turn around on repair if I do end up having to send it back. That's not counting shipping time. I honestly don't know what good his guarantee will be but I did get his name and employee ID number. I guess we will see if it ends up being damaged.

Reactions: Dragonfly
You can take out the CF card and check what you can retrieve from there. Video file could give some explanation (if you were filming) I believe the DAT files can be extracted from the card as well.

The only explanation that makes sense is a bird encounter of some kind. It's a stretch I know but since it didn't try to RTH and the battery still had plenty of power it's the only thing that remotely makes sense given the sudden loss of connection. Based on the height and speed it ended up being pretty much where it should have been due to a sudden power loss or crash. Again though I wouldn't have checked that area at first if not for the advice of cyber and singer.

Still can't believe you found it bro! I had goosebumps when you called and told me! Hopefully things will workout and you will enjoy flying your mavic as much as I do!

Post some pics! How is the gimbal? All good?

The Mavic is almost watertight according to many. The interior has a coating on it.

Plug a battery in it and fire her up!

IMG_8189.JPG IMG_8190.JPG IMG_8191.JPG Lightspeed the gimbal and its bands seem to be fine. It has a couple dark streaks on it from either coming through the trees or hitting the ground but it didn't even break a propeller lol. If water hadn't been dripping off of it and what appeared to be out of it also I would have tried it. I didn't take any other pictures after I got it home. I drove straight to the grocery store for rice after I found it and then straight home to get it in a bag. lol I'll check it tomorrow after work and get some updated pictures for you.

View attachment 12738 View attachment 12739 View attachment 12740 Lightspeed the gimbal and its bands seem to be fine. It has a couple dark streaks on it from either coming through the trees or hitting the ground but it didn't even break a propeller lol. If water hadn't been dripping off of it and what appeared to be out of it also I would have tried it. I didn't take any other pictures after I got it home. I drove straight to the grocery store for rice after I found it and then straight home to get it in a bag. lol I'll check it tomorrow after work and get some updated pictures for you.

Wow good news man! Make sure the gimbal is seated properly. Check my posts, "gimbal fix you all list read". It almost certainly is dislodged from the limiting bracket.

Or watch this...

I see the piece you're talking about in the video. It was on top of that in the back of the gimbal but I just slid it forward and it popped back under it. The front wasn't out though. It does look like it would pop out pretty easily. That will be something to keep an eye out for in the event of a hard landing or something similar. Thank you for that.

I know there's burning excitement to fire up the Mavic now, but the smart option is to let it dry first. Yes the drone has water resistant board coatings but that's never going to guarantee the drone will work in water.

Reactions: RobP62
Oh and don't forget the DAT file when you start it up. Make sure it's the first thing you do. The more you turn your drone on and off after the flight the more likely that the file gets deleted.

Reactions: RobP62
Definitely will do. I'll check it after work tomorrow and definitely try to get the DAT file for you

The level of assistance to a fellow pilot on this forum is second to none.

I have been both member and moderator on many forums over the years from model aircraft to Jeeps and bikes, but never have I seen people go so far out of their way to help someone.

Nothing beneficial to add here, just had to pop in and say well done to all involved.

You can take out the CF card and check what you can retrieve from there. Video file could give some explanation (if you were filming) I believe the DAT files can be extracted from the card as well.
No they cannot. DAT files are stored inside the SD of the internal chip. You'd have to take the Mavic apart to get to it, or you mount the SD card as another disk on your computer with DJI Assistance while connected to USB.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag