DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Mobile Device

Matchlock

Reactions
Hi everyone;

I'm a brand new member here as I am thinking seriously about purchasing a Mavic Pro today.

My question is.... Since I do not have a cell phone, can I use the iPad Mini 4 for my DJI Phantom 4 Pro and was wondering if I can also use it to operate a Mavic Pro.

Any help with this issue would be most appreciated, thank you.

Bud

The iPad Mini 4 is a great device to use. It works well for me.

Reactions: Matchlock
I forgot to ask, but is there any sort of mounting device I need to buy so I can use my iPad Mini 4 with the Mavic Pro? Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered before but I'm still having a little trouble navigation this forum. I hope to get used to it quickly though, so thank you for your help.

Bud

No. It fits really well in the controller. Just open up the grips as wide as you can and then push one corner in first so that it protrudes through the other side and then you can slide the other corner all the way in. Fits snug under the bottom of the controller.
b7ef47cf2f96a12ad4383c3d55ad87ff.jpg

is there any sort of mounting device I need to buy so I can use my iPad Mini 4 with the Mavic Pro?
If the configuration above is not comfortable, you can find a list of commonly used tablet mounts here.

Hi Stuart, and thank you for the explanation. That's very kind of you to go to the trouble of taking that photo. It's a huge help to me. I don't know why I ordered the Mavic Pro today but I thought it would be a fun, smaller Quad than my Phantom 4 Pro all the time. I'm 70 years old and the Nanuk 945 hard case with everything inside is very heavy for me to lug around these days.

Thanks again Stuart, I really appreciate your help on this.

Bud

No. It fits really well in the controller. Just open up the grips as wide as you can and then push one corner in first so that it protrudes through the other side and then you can slide the other corner all the way in. Fits snug under the bottom of the controller.

Hi Stuart;

Since you helped me earlier I thought I'd ask you this question. If I were to buy a phone for use with my Mavic Pro, would I have to purchase some sort of service with it? I've never had a cell phone (and don't really care for them at all), so I don't know how they work and was wondering if I would have to have some plan of some kind. I don't want to use it as a phone at all, and I would use it only as a screen for the Mavic Pro and nothing else. All I would do is load the DJI Go 4 App onto it and that would be it.

Can I use the cell phone, (say and Apple 5 or 6 perhaps) in this way without having to purchase a "phone" plan?

Thank you for any help with this.

Bud

Hi Stuart;

Since you helped me earlier I thought I'd ask you this question. If I were to buy a phone for use with my Mavic Pro, would I have to purchase some sort of service with it? I've never had a cell phone (and don't really care for them at all), so I don't know how they work and was wondering if I would have to have some plan of some kind. I don't want to use it as a phone at all, and I would use it only as a screen for the Mavic Pro and nothing else. All I would do is load the DJI Go 4 App onto it and that would be it.

Can I use the cell phone, (say and Apple 5 or 6 perhaps) in this way without having to purchase a "phone" plan?

Bud
An absolutely curious question.....do you use landline phones only? I miss the days when there was freedom from having to be accessible 24/7.

Reactions: _milo_
Yes, I do, personally, however my wife has a cell phone. For what it's worth, I have a tremendous dislike for cell phones. I'm 70 plus years old and I am of the opinion that NO ONE really needs to have to contact me unless I'm at home. NOTHING (at my age) is so important that it can't wait until I am home, which is 95 percent of the time anyway unless I'm out flying and then I don't want to be bothered by a ringing telephone.

It's just the way I am, and I am very happy without one.

Bud

An absolutely curious question.....do you use landline phones only? I miss the days when there was freedom from having to be accessible 24/7.

Hi Stuart;

Bud
You could, but it would be very expensive, the phones cost a lot with out the plan ($500+), your best bet is the decision you came up with to buy a iPad mini 4 they are supposed to be the most compatible.
Regards,
-d.

Hi Stuart, and thank you for the advice. Actually, the cost isn't an issue at all but since you say the iPad Mini 4 I have is the best option I'll trust your advice and just leave it at that.

I really appreciate your help with this Stuart as my knowledge of cell phones is almost none existent.

Bud

You could, but it would be very expensive, the phones cost a lot with out the plan ($500+), your best bet is the decision you came up with to buy a iPad mini 4 they are supposed to be the most compatible.
Regards,
-d.

Hi Stuart, and thank you for the advice. Actually, the cost isn't an issue at all but since you say the iPad Mini 4 I have is the best option I'll trust your advice and just leave it at that.

I really appreciate your help with this Stuart as my knowledge of cell phones is almost none existent.

Bud
The display on a phone is a little brighter but the screen is so much smaller and you loose some of the screen when it is tucked into the holder. I am only 45 but my eyes are not what they used to be, I go for the big screen whenever I can. And I am with you, if I did not need a cell phone for work I would not have one.
Regards,
-d

Reactions: Soundtekk
Hi;

Lucky for me I was able to have Cataract surgery recently and now I have 20-20 vision once again. I just received my new licence that indicates I no longer require glasses to drive but need them for reading because my right eye is a little off.

It's no fun when our eyesight starts to fail and I hope yours will be alright for a long time to come. Whatever else, take care of your eyes, and thank you again for the tip about the smaller area of a cell phone. I really enjoy the iPad Mini 4 on my Phantom 4 Pro.

Bud

The display on a phone is a little brighter but the screen is so much smaller and you loose some of the screen when it is tucked into the holder. I am only 45 but my eyes are not what they used to be, I go for the big screen whenever I can. And I am with you, if I did not need a cell phone for work I would not have one.
Regards,
-d

Hey Bud, can't take credit for the replies, many other helpful people on the forum. I agree with the advice to go iPad Mini 4 with cell/data plan. Don't think you will regret the small additional cost on top of your Mavic. Just don't let the sales guy talk you into a plan you don't need!

Hmm - glad to see the iPad 4 mini fits the controller. I bought one for the P4P and I'll use it with the MP too.

OUAT I bought the "short" iPhone cable, I use that too (with the P4P). Less line dangling in the wind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters