DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - Motocross Short Video

Great access, interesting subject... but slow the ?@*&*&* gimbal settings down and pan WAY slower and smoother.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
Thank you.

You are totally right. I have been talking of this for days but every time I start flying I forget to change these settings.

Considering this is my second video, and my first video creation with good conditions of flight (no obstacles like big trees) I think it is a good result.
Will definitely improve with next videos ...

Yea that's pretty much unwatchable... gotta smoothen things up, reduce your EXP for Yaw and sensitivity..

Try focusing on a single rider and follow him with ActiveTrack, either in Trace or Spotlight

Plawa,
Focusing on a single rider is really not the point with these videos of motocross.

But thank you for your kind word "unwatchable". Seems like everyone is professional here. :D:)

Well, you post a video, you can expect feedback. Use it to your advantage and get better, simple as that..

That's the point of a forum. Having feedback and learn from it, which I thanks again.

Just surprised with the fact that the video is "unwatchable", but I obviously accept your opinion.
Regards.

That's the point of a forum. Having feedback and learn from it, which I thanks again.

Just surprised with the fact that the video is "unwatchable", but I obviously accept your opinion.
Regards.

Chris, I watched the ENTIRE video... enjoyed it but yes work on your smoothness. In regard to one subject, I agree but only for tracking purposes. Keep it up.

Reactions: Cris37
Randyp thank you,
I am a begginer and since the first flight I noticed the super sensitive gimbal but never wanted to change settings without being sure of what I am doing.
In Sport Mode this is even more "agressive" eheh.

I got already some feedback/settings and will try it in my next flight.

Regarding focusing the rider, I will try it on myself in the future ...

Reactions: Nicholas1
Watched the whole thing, looks like you had a blast flying. Thank you for sharing it. I would have shot the same footage so, I will take in what feedback others leave and there is always room for the next great flying opp.

Thank you MakoJoe, I appreciate.
For sure, feedback is the most important. Next flights (Normally this W-E) I will take care of these settings and see the result ...

Cheers

I dig it. The cinematic mode would help smooth out the turning jerkiness. Motocross is hard to video with a drone as you have to be fast and also turn on a dime.

I watched it twice and want to go riding!!

eh
I dig it. The cinematic mode would help smooth out the turning jerkiness. Motocross is hard to video with a drone as you have to be fast and also turn on a dime.

I watched it twice and want to go riding!!

eheh that's really cool, thank you a lot.
Yes, I wanted to video shoot getting several riders and not focusing one guy all the circuit.
The cinematic mode, doesn't it change the color settings a lot ?

Last edited:
eh

eheh that's really cool, thank you a lot.
Yes, I wanted to video shoot getting several riders and not focusing one guy all the circuit.
The cinematic mode, doesn't it change the color settings a lot ?

Cinematic only affects the braking distance (slows the braking action but requires longer braking distance) and yaw speed. On second thought this might not work in the MX situation as the yaw speed might not be quick enough to track the bikes when they are changing directions quickly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3