DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro MPH reading.

pmgflights

Reactions
Hi Guys

I've had my Mavic since early November and getting some great results with the little beauty. I am just wondering if any of you guys have had strange MPH readings? I was testing her out in Sport mode a couple of days ago and my MPH readings were stating well over 60MPH, with a slight back wind, I was quite surprised but managed to repeat the feat on my 2nd and 3rd battery so can't see how it was a meter reading!

Hi Guys

I've had my Mavic since early November and getting some great results with the little beauty. I am just wondering if any of you guys have had strange MPH readings? I was testing her out in Sport mode a couple of days ago and my MPH readings were stating well over 60MPH, with a slight back wind, I was quite surprised but managed to repeat the feat on my 2nd and 3rd battery so can't see how it was a meter reading!
Yes I have gotten the same reading on my mavic and with my phantom 4 in sport mode. Not sure how accurate it is but I still brag to my friends about the top speed.

Reactions: pmgflights
Top speed the DJI app thinks my Mavic hit is 68mph, in a forward dive with a slight tail wind.

Last edited:
I thought maximum speed was 40mph!? Obviously I appreciate a back wind can increase speed but 50% more speed sounds crazy, especially when the Mavic is so light!

I wonder what the Maximum tail wind speeds is before the Mavic loses control and crashes?

It's a glitch. The app is recording speed in kph even if you select imperial units. Thus max speed is still only around 40 mph.

It's a glitch. The app is recording speed in kph even if you select imperial units. Thus max speed is still only around 40 mph.
That explains it. My Mavic,which I have named Havic, has been so consistent speed wise that I knew my reading was false.

This KPH being reported as MPH is a glitch that has been reported since the beginning. They still haven't fixed that? Really? Even with DJI Go 4 and yet another firmware update? It's been too cold and windy for me to fly to check out he new Go app and the new firmware but I thought for sure this would be fixed by now!

Here is my Phantom 4 Pro flight log... I will do same with my Mavic to test speed. It just showed up yesterday.... unfortunately rain/wind for the next few days...

Sort of. It is not actually kph in the app but something quite close. If you pick any point in a flight and note the two mph speeds you will see the RC mph figure does not actually match x1.61 the kph conversion. The spurious MPH speed in DGiGO is a 1.5 factor as best I can tell, which equates to nothing useful. You can also see it is not actually KPH by flying in calm condition at max speed in metric format, note the kph. Toggle to imperial, do same again and note the erroneous mph that is supposedly kph. You will see that is not kph because it will come up with a lower speed that your first run when there is no reason for it to be so. It should be the same.

Anyhow it does need fixing and I am puzzled why it is not simple fix and done already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore