DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro on WIFI mode

Cerberus

Reactions
as per this video

Anyone tried WIFI mode and your comments and opinions?
:)

Tried to take stabilized video when skiing by keeping the mavic in my hand.
Work great, just remember when you will come back to RC mode to re-enter your max altitude and distance limit because they stay at 50 and 80m (Wi-Fi default limitations).

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

Tried to take stabilized video when skiing by keeping the mavic in my hand.
Work great, just remember when you will come back to RC mode to re-enter your max altitude and distance limit because they stay at 50 and 80m (Wi-Fi default limitations).

Sent from my A0001 using MavicPilots mobile app

ummm.... I meant about the part of flying in WIFI mode suck part.. :oops:

Reactions: Arthur
Suspect issue is not with wifi mode but flying indoors in low light conditions over a plain floor... how's the Mavic supposed to 'see'/know where it is?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: younumpty
His crash is like any other indoor crash... likely nothing to do with wifi mode.

Suppose you skateboard? Grab your Mavic tucked nicely into its new sleeve. Head to skatepark, float drone overhead with phone and skate. Better than DLSR, Tripod, etc....not to mention that you don't have anything lying around for the other punks to steal.

This would also work well for parcour.

Reactions: Viper
I tried WIFI mode some days ago first time, using my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9,7".
It worked much better than expected. Controlling the Mavic using the virtual sticks was quite easy and manoevering was very precise. Was a feeling quite similar to tripod mode.
Although I am preferring the remote the WIFI mode is quite handy if you want to get the Mavic very quickly into air, for taking a quick orientation view above your actual location or just want to take a selfie, similar to the Dobby or Breeze drones.

Suspect issue is not with wifi mode but flying indoors in low light conditions over a plain floor... how's the Mavic supposed to 'see'/know where it is?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Totally spot on comment. Have flown mine a good 20-30 times on wifi with iPhone 7 plus outside not a glitch.
Poor lighting no contrast and no gps = dead craft.

No offence to the gentleman flying his craft but I think this video is hilarious in a way. Being as experienced as the pilot states he is in this video and making this kind of basic error is a hilariously contradictory statement. No offence meant...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ