DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Packed on my Motorcycle

It isn't dedicated. That's the whole reason I got the mavic - it doesn't take up a full bag on the bike. My motorcycle has a 21L storage compartment (large enough for my 2X Full face helmet) where the tank is on other bikes. My gas tank is under the seat with the filler cap under the pillion seat. SO! as I don't usually keep much in that area other than stuff I need while riding and a place to throw gloves and helmet cam while parked, the Mavic fits perfectly and still leaves a TON of room, even in the DJI bag.

However, for those with a tank bag already, it should be easy to put the mavic and other batteries and remote in the tank bag without taking up all the room.

I will probably not be using the tail box anymore, there was a lot of vibration and I don't like that on the Mavic considering how delicate the gimbal is. Something to think about in packing.

How hot does it get in there? It may not be an issue in cool weather, but come the hot weather...?
I've been ridling for 50+ years, and I've seen plastic things melt in unventilated bags in the summer heat.

I havent had issues with anything other than a chocolate bar, which would have melted in my pocket the same day. It's not like it would be stored in there when I wasnt moving other than overnight, and where I am, overnight doesnt get high enough.

Nice! I don't ride with a tank bag anymore but luckily I can just toss the mavic and controller in my backpack without much worry (using the Ali express soft-ish cases). Now my only problem is waiting for good riding weather in the PNW. Yes, I'm a bit of a fair weather rider...

Tell me about it. We've had nothing but cold and rain until this past weekend. it got to 65 and was dry as a bone, so I had to head out. I am ok with the cold (heated gear does wonders) but not with the possibility of the wet turning into ice.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121