DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro parts

ayoung89

Reactions
Anyone know where I can replace this part?

a4f4f5bede236d96314a5a72149d69b6.jpg

ed23f85c2c35fb29afa5237d0716ab24.jpg

2e1ff0e0e9c35bb5384dc034b70b3947.jpg

I had the EXACT same problem. Unfortunately never find where to buy spare parts. Fixed mine with a plastic resign.
You have to be careful because you can easily damage the antenna.

You were flying indoor right?

I had the EXACT same problem. Unfortunately never find where to buy spare parts. Fixed mine with a plastic resign.

@Thunder-drones can help you out actually. He sells parts.

I was flying outdoor and I don't know exactly what happened or if I locked onto something but I was just checking it out one day and I seen this

E-Bay is getting a good stock of Mavic parts now.

I have a good stock of Mavic arms, all new. I sell only the whole arm with motor because it's not easy to just replace the leg that attaches to the arm. These were all taken from brand new, never used DJI Mavics, they are not copies or cheap Chinese knock-offs.

It looks from the picture that you need a front, but I cant tell which side, left or right?

Im selling them for $49 + $8.00 shipping.

Just drop me a message here.

1.jpg 2.jpg 4 arms picture.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Slat and Dspace
I have a good stock of Mavic arms, all new. I sell only the whole arm with motor because it's not easy to just replace the leg that attaches to the arm. These were all taken from brand new, never used DJI Mavics, they are not copies or cheap Chinese knock-offs.

It looks from the picture that you need a front, but I cant tell which side, left or right?

Im selling them for $49 + $8.00 shipping.

Just drop me a message here.

View attachment 7592 View attachment 7593 View attachment 7594 View attachment 7595 View attachment 7596

Great to know thunder-drones

Do you sell the gimbal clamp too?

Great to know thunder-drones

Do you sell the gimbal clamp too?

No, sorry, I dont sell the gimbal clamp because I dont recommend people use it. The OEM gimbal clamp puts alot of stress on the back cover of the roll motor to lock the gimbal in place. I have seen too many of the clamps cause damage to the gimbal, even in brand new unopened boxed drones, and also from people misaligning it and causing damage. I recommend an aftermarket gimbal clamp that doesnt exert pressure on the back of the roll motor and thus wont break that part, which by the way, is not available in the aftermarket and if it breaks you can either glue it back together, or send the drone back for a refresh. Oh BTW, to you new drone owners out there, if you receive your new Mav in the mail, open the box, and you see this piece floating around in the box along with your gimbal clamp and protective bubble, return the drone and order a new one.

Broken pitch motor back cover caused by OEM DJI gimbal clamp:

1.jpg 2.jpg

I would recommend something that doesnt clamp on to the back cover such as this one. Video of a gimbal clamp that might not cause any damage. He emphasizes DONT push on the back cover of the camera to insert the camera lens into the clamp, grab it from the sides. I havent tested this product, but to me it looks like a good solution to the OEM clamp.

Last edited:
No, sorry, I dont sell the gimbal clamp because I dont recommend people use it. The OEM gimbal clamp puts alot of stress on the back cover of the roll motor to lock the gimbal in place. I have seen too many of the clamps cause damage to the gimbal, even in brand new unopened boxed drones, and also from people misaligning it and causing damage. I recommend an aftermarket gimbal clamp that doesnt exert pressure on the back of the roll motor and thus wont break that part, which by the way, is not available in the aftermarket and if it breaks you can either glue it back together, or send the drone back for a refresh. Oh BTW, to you new drone owners out there, if you receive your new Mav in the mail, open the box, and you see this piece floating around in the box along with your gimbal clamp and protective bubble, return the drone and order a new one.

View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613

I would recommend something that doesnt clamp on to the back cover such as this one. Video of a gimbal clamp that might not cause any damage. He emphasizes DONT push on the back cover of the camera to insert the camera lens into the clamp, grab it from the sides. I havent tested this product, but to me it looks like a good solution to the OEM clamp.

I found the best way to put the stock gimbal clamp on is with the Mavic upside down. I have zero issue watching the placement and guiding the gimbal in place. Fast and easy for me! Still doesn't take the pressure off the roll motor though, I'm sure.

I found the best way to put the stock gimbal clamp on is with the Mavic upside down. I have zero issue watching the placement and guiding the gimbal in place. Fast and easy for me! Still doesn't take the pressure off the roll motor though, I'm sure.

Yep best way to put it on is upside down, but for me its not worth the risk of breaking the back cover of the camera even if it is installed correctly. That back camera cover is almost as thin as paper.

Reactions: photoshoot
Yep best way to put it on is upside down, but for me its not worth the risk of breaking the back cover of the camera even if it is installed correctly. That back camera cover is almost as thin as paper.
This is what I do. I use my index finger and carefully guide the gimbal into the lock notch. I haven't had any issues.

View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613

This happened to mine yesterday! The back cover just simply snapped off - do I need to replace it, or can I just work away? Everything seems to be operating okay, but attaching the clamp (whilst the Mavic was upside down as suggested) it just wasn't lining up correctly - then I discovered this small circle nestling in near the plate.

Will glueing it back on be okay?

This happened to mine yesterday! The back cover just simply snapped off - do I need to replace it, or can I just work away? Everything seems to be operating okay, but attaching the clamp (whilst the Mavic was upside down as suggested) it just wasn't lining up correctly - then I discovered this small circle nestling in near the plate.

Will glueing it back on be okay?

Can you take come pictures? If it simply cracked in half, which is what they do sometimes, just glue it. If it broke off, then you can take out the 2 screws that are probably still in their holes, and glue the pieces back together. That plate protects the wires in the back of the cam. It's not vital, but its there for a reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929