DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro parts

I have personally used @Thunder-drones . A+ ! Not trying to be an advertisement, unless it points out someone/thing who is great. They are!

Thumbswayup I appreciate it.
Curious if you would have or know where I can find the plastic piece that seems to clip on under the rear motors, with almost a little foot hanging off of it. Hoping for a model file to make one with 3d printer or purchase one. THANKS! (see attached photo)

Attachments

• Mavic-Bottom.jpg
    Mavic-Bottom.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 75
I'm guilty I've been pushing mine from the back. What's the danger in doing so?

Btw one of the best, if not the best accessory I've bought for my Mavic! A must have!!

Can you take come pictures? If it simply cracked in half, which is what they do sometimes, just glue it. If it broke off, then you can take out the 2 screws that are probably still in their holes, and glue the pieces back together. That plate protects the wires in the back of the cam. It's not vital, but its there for a reason.

Cheers for that and apologies for the delay in reply! Yeah, it simply cracked in half. I'll take a look at removing and glueing...... although, I think I'll steer clear of the gimbal clamp for a while or look into one of the front mount ones

I have a good stock of Mavic arms, all new. I sell only the whole arm with motor because it's not easy to just replace the leg that attaches to the arm. These were all taken from brand new, never used DJI Mavics, they are not copies or cheap Chinese knock-offs.

It looks from the picture that you need a front, but I cant tell which side, left or right?

Im selling them for $49 + $8.00 shipping.

Just drop me a message here.

View attachment 7592 View attachment 7593 View attachment 7594 View attachment 7595 View attachment 7596

How is the difficulty to fix the right arm on Mavic?

Curious if you would have or know where I can find the plastic piece that seems to clip on under the rear motors, with almost a little foot hanging off of it. Hoping for a model file to make one with 3d printer or purchase one. THANKS! (see attached photo)
@Thunder-drones - I also need one of these - I sent you a pm a while ago.

No, sorry, I dont sell the gimbal clamp because I dont recommend people use it. The OEM gimbal clamp puts alot of stress on the back cover of the roll motor to lock the gimbal in place. I have seen too many of the clamps cause damage to the gimbal, even in brand new unopened boxed drones, and also from people misaligning it and causing damage. I recommend an aftermarket gimbal clamp that doesnt exert pressure on the back of the roll motor and thus wont break that part, which by the way, is not available in the aftermarket and if it breaks you can either glue it back together, or send the drone back for a refresh. Oh BTW, to you new drone owners out there, if you receive your new Mav in the mail, open the box, and you see this piece floating around in the box along with your gimbal clamp and protective bubble, return the drone and order a new one.

Broken pitch motor back cover caused by OEM DJI gimbal clamp:

View attachment 7612 View attachment 7613

I would recommend something that doesnt clamp on to the back cover such as this one. Video of a gimbal clamp that might not cause any damage. He emphasizes DONT push on the back cover of the camera to insert the camera lens into the clamp, grab it from the sides. I havent tested this product, but to me it looks like a good solution to the OEM clamp.

Can this be used when there is a ND filter on the camera?

Rob,

Do you have plans on manufacturing and selling a gimbal lock that would work if PolarPro filters are installed?

I must admit I like the OEM gimbal rear clip but it slides in nice an easy for me. But since reading this thread I could see where an issue could arise and would not mind trying an improved gimbal protector.

Hi @Thunderdrones

Direct messages say I am unable to start conversation with you. Sorry. Would you mind helping out with my question?

I had not flown for few months and when I took it out for the first time in ages all was good. Gimbal was working perfect. Just slow flying. Suddenly Gimbal locks off to the side and wont move. I land and it is making a squealing high pitch sound. Restarting the drone the Gimbal does the high pitch noise and moves a bit then stops. Then just keeps doing that and getting hot.

Do you recommend I replace the Gimbal assembly? Do you know why the prices on ebay foe Gimbal including camera are so cheap? Are they fakes?

I'm in Australia and looking for the best way to fix this thing up. I had to replace the gimbal flex cable once before as it got cut when the camera move back quickly when I hit long grass going fast. So no warranty for me.

What would be your thoughts?

Thanks

I think your motor assembly is probably damaged. You can replace just that part, but beware of the fakes, they will drive you crazy in troubleshooting.

What parts do you think are fake? Most of the ebay ones?

Could you please pm me if you have a genuine Gimbal and what prices?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N