DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Photography Accessories Purchase

M

MoonstruckView

For those that have been following, I just ordered another DJI Mavic Pro, hoping that this one is not a lemon. I was going to buy from a local store, but all of them charge a restocking fee if I return it. It looks like Amazon is the best place to buy one in the first place. So, I'm going to be running the Mavic Pro for my business, here are the accessories I ordered ....

1) Mavic Pro (of course)
2) DJI Mavic Battery Intelligent Flight Battery
3) VIAEON DJI mavic pro case Controller bag+Remote Case
4) ePhoto Adjustable Swivel Hot Shoe Mount
5) PolarPro Katana - DJI Mavic Cinema Tray
6) DJI Mavic Pro Accessories 4 Pieces 8330F Propellers (Lineed)
7) Standard 1/4"-20 Male to 1/4"-20 Male Threaded Tripod Screw Adapter Standard Tripod Mounting
8) FSL DJI Mavic Pro Landing Gear Leg Height Extender Kit Riser
9) SanDisk Extreme PRO 64GB UHS-I/U3 Micro SDXC Memory Card Speeds Up To 95MB/s With 4K
10) DJI Mavic Pro Intelligent Battery Car Charger (Rosefray)

Total: $1,168.33

Defo get nd filters asap. Need to get that shutter speed down for awesome footage. I got mine a couple of days ago and had a little play with them today. They r great

Defo get nd filters asap. Need to get that shutter speed down for awesome footage. I got mine a couple of days ago and had a little play with them today. They r great

Which kind and brand did you get?

I got the polarpro cinematic series 6 pack. Quite expensive but the reviews on youtube are all very good.

Thank you. $149 for filters seems insane to me. I'm not ready to spend that.

Yup it is pricey. I believe they do a 3 pack series which is more affordable. But they do make a huge difference to video quality.
Have a look at this, one of the best footages iv seen with a mavic and hes using polarpro nd filters

Reactions: MoonstruckView
I don't bother with the filters, and instead use motion blur in post, to fake the effects of a slower shutter. It is more flexible for me that way. I'll probably get some filters one day though. Here is an extreme example of motion blur I did the other day:

Descent of the Nomacs.mp4

Reactions: Viciam
I don't bother with the filters, and instead use motion blur in post, to fake the effects of a slower shutter. It is more flexible for me that way. I'll probably get some filters one day though. Here is an extreme example of motion blur I did the other day:

But if ur filming someone walking for example, nd filters help as it smooths out their walking motion to make it look more like real tv

Ur very lucky to have such a scenic place to fly ur mavic at. Beautiful

Reactions: Pathogen
Motion Blur? I'm stumped

Motion blur is used in videos to give it a natural look. When the human eye sees an object move, there is natural motion blur we see without realizing it which cameras alone cant replicate without assistance. It can be achived by reducing shutter speed. U can have a look on utube for mavic pro nd filters and there are lots of short videos that explains how and why they work and what their useful for. Remember, the basic rule is shutter speed double ur frame rate. So if ur fps is 24, u want ur shutter speed to be 50. And that will give u that smooth natural look to ur videos. U cant have low shutter speed in bright light otherwise ur footage will be too dark and hence u need nd filters for assistance. The utube videos will explain better

Heres a video to get u started...

Motion Blur? I'm stumped
A slower shutter is by definition a blurred image. That's why fast action stuff requires a fast shutter. The blur can be added in post. It could be called 'motion blur', or 'temporal smooth', in a video editor. If you pause that clip I posted, when the trees are moving in quickly, you can get a good idea of what's going on. While a freeze frame of a true slow shutter recording as compared to a faked one looks different, when played it doesn't. By doing it in post, you have control over the exact look of it. If you use a lens filter, you are stuck with that particular look, and cannot 'undo' the blur it lead to. I like options!

I got the new Mavic today. Wow, what a difference. Everything works. Now I just have to figure out how to get it into something higher than 720p res. More reading ....

Reactions: Pathogen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shandilya