DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Range Extender - Maxx UAV

Complete mod on my mavic pro
radio and battery mod
5 miles out and 29 min flight time and returned with a
landed time of 21% left on battery.
I live in northern N J which is VERY congested with wifi..

Cool. Did you install this mod yourself or sent it to a shop? Any video or healthydrones flight log? Did you have the controller on a tripod or table? Was this your first flight with this mod? Sorry for all the questions. I'd like to find out more about this mod before I take the plunge. :)

I'm very tempted by this mod. Not for the long range, but rather for the Urban interference. It would be nice to fly to the nearby park and be able to bring it down lower without losing signal. It would be great it they make a kit in black and also include some low provide antennas that can be folded. That way you get the best of both worlds. I don't want to buy 2 remotes. I want one that can be portable when needed, or set up for strong signal for those strong interference areas.

Reactions: larkin
Isn't anyone bothered by the lack of any technical information about the design and performance of these Maxx UAV "Range Extender" antennas? No antenna schematics, no radiation pattern diagrams, no quantitative performance characteristics. No evidence that the device was designed by anyone who has any knowledge of RF engineering or RF antenna design.

Isn't anyone bothered by the lack of any technical information about the design and performance of these Maxx UAV "Range Extender" antennas? No antenna schematics, no radiation pattern diagrams, no quantitative performance characteristics. No evidence that the device was designed by anyone who has any knowledge of RF engineering or RF antenna design.

I have to stick up for Maxx UAV. These guys know what they're doing. I installed their range extender kit on my Phantom 3 and the signal boost was incredible. I would run out of battery before I ran out of range. I once compared mine side by side to a friends and I flew 4 miles into the wind before turning around, while he flew about 1/2 a mile. It also greatly helped in urban settings cut through the interference. I'm contemplating getting one for the Mavic because I know how good these products are. The only thing I'm worried about is defeating the portability factor which is the main reason for the Mavic.

I have to stick up for Maxx UAV. These guys know what they're doing. I installed their range extender kit on my Phantom 3 and the signal boost was incredible. I would run out of battery before I ran out of range. I once compared mine side by side to a friends and I flew 4 miles into the wind before turning around, while he flew about 1/2 a mile. It also greatly helped in urban settings cut through the interference. I'm contemplating getting one for the Mavic because I know how good these products are. The only thing I'm worried about is defeating the portability factor which is the main reason for the Mavic.

Sheesh. So you're saying that you could fly out to 4 miles with the Range Extender antenna while your friend could only fly out 1/2 mile with just a standard controller? You're claiming an 8-times increase in the range? Here's what's even more amazing about your claim: The intensity of electromagnetic radiation such as RF waves drops off as the square of the distance from the source. So if the Mavic is seeing a signal from your Range Extender controller as strong at 4 miles out as it would see from an unmodified controller just 1/2 mile out, then that means that your Range Extender controller is putting out a forward-directed RF signal not just 8-times more intense than that from an unmodified controller, but 64-times more intense than an unmodified controller. Pretty amazing.

radio and battery mod
What are those antennas? Where can u get them?

Can you have two RCs paired or do you need to re-pair every time you switch?

Lack of practical portability is a downside of the mod but having a 2nd RC modded for certain occasions seems reasonable if you can find a spare RC for cheap.

Can you have two RCs paired or do you need to re-pair every time you switch?

Lack of practical portability is a downside of the mod but having a 2nd RC modded for certain occasions seems reasonable if you can find a spare RC for cheap.

How about unscrew antenna for portability?

Thought I'd post a quick report on my first test run with the modified RC for the Mavic. Modification was done by Jake over at Maxx UAV. Living in a congested urban area of west Florida I have had trouble getting any range from my bird while flying from my own property. In the past I was only reaching out approximately a mile or mile and half before signal was scary low and i'd have to RTH. Today I put the modified RC to the test on the same Litchi waypoints mission and never lost a bar of signal at 1.5 miles. I look to try a real test over open terrain / water this weekend with the new remote but initial report is very positive on this modification of the RC for the Mavic! Only issue now is I had to upgrade my case to carry two RC's and the rest of my gear.
View attachment 6538 View attachment 6539 View attachment 6540
Like the setup man, is that the clean install kit?........

radio and battery mod
What size batteries are they?, also, how did you attach batts along side Mavic exactly?, and why not xt60 connectors?, thanks for your help.......

What size batteries are they?, also, how did you attach batts along side Mavic exactly?, and why not xt60 connectors?, thanks for your help.......

Thunder power prolite 910 Mah 3 cell 69 grams each.
batteries are mounted on sides with scotch brand
Velcro,tested and there the strongest. jst are already
attached with these batteries and also they are light weight......

Kevin

Thunder power prolite 910 Mah 3 cell 69 grams each.
batteries are mounted on sides with scotch brand
Velcro,tested and there the strongest. jst are already
attached with these batteries and also they are light weight......

Kevin

In the picture you are not connected to the JST connector. JST is the balance plug which has 4 wires. It appears you are using the black and red wires connected to a xt60 connector. Please verify this.

Where can we get the battery mode and parallel cable?

In the picture you are not connected to the JST connector. JST is the balance plug which has 4 wires. It appears you are using the black and red wires connected to a xt60 connector. Please verify this.

Where can we get the battery mode and parallel cable?

There are 2 JST plugs from the batteries that piggyback into the
xt60 connector. the balance plugs are only used when charging
your batteries......

Here is the web site for the battery mod clip..DJI inspire mods new easy power adaptor phantom 3 pro/adv and Mavic Pro.
and FPVCUSTOMS.com for the radio and antenna mod.

Reactions: CyberNate
wish these comes in black. what's the turn around?

Try Titan Drones' new Control antenna for the Mavic and the phantoms and inspires as well. They are circular polarized, powerful, and lightweight.
Titan Drones, Inc.

Reactions: BigAl07
Yes we do. You select your aircraft at checkout and that signals us on what cabling/bracket to send you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun