DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro rear lights?? I have flown the whole dji line.....first post here!

Nice.. I would just keep an eye on the cog, you may want to ballast the front to maintain its cog.

I left it a little late to try mine out but it shows promise..

I haven't weighed it all out yet. But me adding the front extension legs and this piece I made with the lights should be pretty close to equal. Should be spot on.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Finally got mine glued and dried yesterday. Today I added the velcro to the lights and the brackets.

789a3ff4cf068272d4384f71b4e042b4.jpg
5fdbee3fc5b577d6d7112dd51e306f41.jpg
e829ad70b5ac06e711a6ee7f7b47cda5.jpg

SkyHigh Pyro Eye flying above

I have to be honest, don't take it personally but I don't really like it. Not because it is not functional as I am sure it is but I don't like the way it makes the Mavic look. How easy is it to assemble/disassemble to fold up the mavic? Seems this would ruin the portability if it does not install/remove easily but it looks like you may have it setup to snap on/off easily.

I have to be honest, don't take it personally but I don't really like it. Not because it is not functional as I am sure it is but I don't like the way it makes the Mavic look. How easy is it to assemble/disassemble to fold up the mavic? Seems this would ruin the portability if it does not install/remove easily but it looks like you may have it setup to snap on/off easily.
Np at all, to each their own. As far as easy to assemble/disassemble, not hard at all. Built it out of the prop gaurds. 8 lifts of the tabs and it comes apart. As for looks, well after dark it just shows the strobes needed to fly at night. Like I said, no worries at all. [emoji3]

7d36ca914a98965ff1316c6bfaf4e4ae.jpg

Reactions: RallySoob
Np at all, to each their own. As far as easy to assemble/disassemble, not hard at all. Built it out of the prop gaurds. 8 lifts of the tabs and it comes apart. As for looks, well after dark it just shows the strobes needed to fly at night. Like I said, no worries at all. [emoji3]

7d36ca914a98965ff1316c6bfaf4e4ae.jpg

Yeah at night looks arent that important. But looks like you will def not lose it ! Just make sure that all the Velcro points and glue points are super strong... I would hate to see one come loose...

Thank you. It is glued with 'liquid nail'. The velcro is industrial velcro, stuck to everything before i got it placed. Put a dab of glue on all the velcro/lights since it was just platsic wrapped. The guards, i thought, were best choice not to move or slide around the arms. Plus it wont mess up my wrap when I decide to do that.

I mounted three Flytron lites (all white) on the rear, and sides. Very bright, easy to charge and use. Using industrial velcro to attach them. You can also see the raised landing gear, which are light and simple. I also attach my Marco Polo tracker to the rear landing gear. All of this adds up to 38 grams: landing gear, marco polo, 3x flytron LEDs. You can find the LEDs at ReadyMadeRC. Fast shipping, at least faster than Flytron.

Caveat: I've not flown with these yet, too much cold and snow for the past several days. But looking forward to getting some more visual range out of this setup.View attachment 3639 View attachment 3639
Just a quick question on your vinyl wrap job ....... Doesn't effect your aeronautics ?

Yeah at night looks arent that important. But looks like you will def not lose it ! Just make sure that all the Velcro points and glue points are super strong... I would hate to see one come loose...

Looks aren't really important being as it "night" LoL, functionality "is" IMO,,,,

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I've got my own plans for lights the flytron ones which are already ordered, and another brand, I want to test, one thing I've been wondering about off and on would be checking for any type of interference with the burst effect the strobes may and I say may have on the Mavic itself, only because if there's anything that could interfere with it and there's a crash then DJI wouldn't honor the care coverage if there's anyway it could be detectable, so far I really don't see how it could,,, or if it would have any effect on the Mavic systems either LoL I'm just being cautious with the baby haha,,, nice mount designs by the way, I'm looking at a way to be able to leave the lights mounted without having to remove them unless they need to be charged and still looking aesthetically good as possible

Last edited:
Reactions: Spike1
one thing I've been wondering about is the off and on would be checking for any type of interference with the burst effect the strobes may and I say may have on the Mavic itself, only because if there's anything that could interfere with it and there's a crash then DJI wouldn't honor the care coverage if there's anyway it could be detectable, so far I really don't see how it could,,, or if it would have any effect on the Mavic systems either LoL I'm just being cautious with the baby haha

Keep in mind that the Mavic already has a strobing LED in the back, and that is inside the case. I am also working on my own design which I will be uploading to Thingiverse for those that have a 3D printer and are interested.

Reactions: vdubbin1967
Good deal, I'm glad to see that people are working on designs like this because one that's easy to do and good looking as well as functional will emerge that will more than likely be the "norm" you know what I mean,,,,!?

Keep in mind that the Mavic already has a strobing LED in the back, and that is inside the case. I am also working on my own design which I will be uploading to Thingiverse for those that have a 3D printer and are interested.

Any pics of what you are working on? Also. I'm looking at a monoprice maker select or ultimate. Do you have knowledge on them? I don't want to invest a ton then decide it's not for me...

Yup, I have thought about that as well,,,, thing being is that one could use a photo electric switch as a trigger to fire all the strobes at once or the green/red and whites when the quad fires them that way there would be much brighter sort of step flash the quad would fire say the white within milliseconds the photoelectric would fire the other strobes etc... I've pieced a very light weight setup so far, soon as the rest of the parts show up I'll post a pictures, I've as an industrial mechanic/electrician for 40 years, might as well as put some of that to work for me haha

I've got my own plans for lights the flytron ones which are already ordered, and another brand, I want to test, one thing I've been wondering about off and on would be checking for any type of interference with the burst effect the strobes may and I say may have on the Mavic itself, only because if there's anything that could interfere with it and there's a crash then DJI wouldn't honor the care coverage if there's anyway it could be detectable, so far I really don't see how it could,,, or if it would have any effect on the Mavic systems either LoL I'm just being cautious with the baby haha,,, nice mount designs by the way, I'm looking at a way to be able to leave the lights mounted without having to remove them unless they need to be charged and still looking aesthetically good as possible

What is the other brand of lights you have?

Any pics of what you are working on? Also. I'm looking at a monoprice maker select or ultimate. Do you have knowledge on them? I don't want to invest a ton then decide it's not for me..
I personally have a FlashForge Creator Pro, you can find them on Amazon. They are a Chinese knock-off of a MakerBot Replicator, it has dual extruders so you can print something with 2 different colors/materials. Here is a link to the Thingiverse posting for my initial design which is incorporated into the rear leg extension of the set you can buy or print to extend the ground clearance of the Mavic. I plan to add a couple more tabs to mount downward facing lights (to help sensors with landing in dark) and possibly some tabs to mount side facing lightsMavic Pro Rear Landing Extension with Lighting Mount by Motley74

MavicRearLandingLegLightMount.jpg

Last edited:
Adding a video with my nearly final bracket and lights temporarily zip-tied. Modified rear extended landing gear, will be adding a solid white light to the rear above the Mavic's status light.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo