DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - serious range issues - Firmware?

jonoelite

Reactions
Hi ,
Anyone notice serious drop in range with the new 1.03.0600 firmware? Same location & altitude.

I'm rolling back to .0400 to conduct tests... HD and remote range much less than I'm used to... [emoji57]

I'm using my Mavic more for distance than fancy features..

Would be interesting to see which firmware flys the distance.

Feedback would be appreciated

Wow that is crazy! Sure would like to hear from others if they are having the same results. I have not tested this yet and generally don't go too far from home point.

What I noticed is that the controller battery lasts longer with .600
Maybe they adjusted the radio output on the controller to a lower value?
That means shorter range, but also less heat,and longer battery life.

I do not fly far, so I have no comparison, other than the battery life in my remote is better now. Did you notice that also or is that just me?

Jonilite this is something several of us have experienced but none of us are routine long distance flyers.
If you can do a side by side YouTube video of flying the same course with each of the versions it would put this issue to rest once and for all.

Rob

Reactions: HSN
Hi Rob, I'm defiantly going to do a video on the results are very interesting between battery life and range , I'm going to stay with the .400 seems best for range and life. I

Hi Rob, I'm defiantly going to do a video on the results are very interesting between battery life and range , I'm going to stay with the .400 seems best for range and life. I

I am looking forward to the video. Please PM me when you upload it.

Thanks
Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair