DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Tracking Modes

gavinski

Reactions
The different tracking modes on the Mavic open up all sorts of shooting possibilities. Over the weekend I played around with Active Track Follow Mode and Profile Mode and was really impressed with just how easy it was to set up and the smoothness of the footage.

I currently use a hand-held gimbal with a DSLR, but I am thinking that the Mavic actually delivers better results a lot of the time. Of course, there's a lot of situations where a Mavic can't be used (like in a crowded space or quiet area such as a church) or if you need to capture audio. However, the Mavic is so stable and easy to fly that it allows you to leave the gimbal at home a lot of the time.

Here's a remix of a video I posted last week with a bunch of new footage. Jump to 1:30 to see the tracking shots.

And as others have mentioned...it is just so much fun to fly.

Reactions: dam
Nice footage. Where on Cle Elum Lake were you able to drive on the beach? Was that down near Speelyi beach or farther north, up by the Wish Poosh boat launch?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Thanks. It sounds like you know the area.

The car shot was down on the beach at Speelyi, and the running shot was up on the north end past Wish Poosh.

The different tracking modes on the Mavic open up all sorts of shooting possibilities. Over the weekend I played around with Active Track Follow Mode and Profile Mode and was really impressed with just how easy it was to set up and the smoothness of the footage.

I currently use a hand-held gimbal with a DSLR, but I am thinking that the Mavic actually delivers better results a lot of the time. Of course, there's a lot of situations where a Mavic can't be used (like in a crowded space or quiet area such as a church) or if you need to capture audio. However, the Mavic is so stable and easy to fly that it allows you to leave the gimbal at home a lot of the time.

Here's a remix of a video I posted last week with a bunch of new footage. Jump to 1:30 to see the tracking shots.

And as others have mentioned...it is just so much fun to fly.
Spectacular footage... your rise, lookdowns, reveals, tracking.. spot on.. really nice.. beautiful place too.. I noticed you had a backpack.. is that what you use for the mavic ? Great job !!

Very nice shots. Care to share you're settings? Any any post editing to smooth the footage out? I feel like my videos don't come out nearly as smooth.

Spectacular footage... your rise, lookdowns, reveals, tracking.. spot on.. really nice.. beautiful place too.. I noticed you had a backpack.. is that what you use for the mavic ? Great job !!

Thanks for the kind words. And yes, it is a beautiful place.

As for the backpack in the video, that is for my camera gear. For my Mavic I use a single strap ThinkTank bag which is perfect - even has room for the charger and cables etc.

IMG_0839.jpg

Very nice shots. Care to share you're settings? Any any post editing to smooth the footage out? I feel like my videos don't come out nearly as smooth.

Aside from editing the clips onto a timeline in Premiere Pro and adding transitions, the footage is just as it comes out of the camera with no color grading or sharpening. I shoot at 4K 30fps, with the normal mode. I hope this helps.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost