DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro vs Phantom 4 pro for comercial purposes???

wave7373

Reactions
Ok I have just received my P4 Pro + and added it to my small fleet. I currently have an Inspire 2, mavic and as Mentioned P4Pro.
The question I pose:
Do I NEED both the mavic and P4P, or is the P4Pro the way to go????
Any and all help appreciated... I do have my 107 and use them commercially..
Thanks

First off, awesome fleet!

You do not need both. I would pick the P4P+ over the mavic due to picture quality. I bet portability isn't an issue for something you're getting paid to do (assuming you're getting paid for this gig).

But if you're aiming for a variation in your shots, as the mavic has a narrower FOV than the P4P+, then I would bring both.

But if you really want to deliver, I would bring the Inspire 2 instead.;)

Reactions: wave7373
First off, awesome fleet!

You do not need both. I would pick the P4P+ over the mavic due to picture quality. I bet portability isn't an issue for something you're getting paid to do (assuming you're getting paid for this gig).

But if you're aiming for a variation in your shots, as the mavic has a narrower FOV than the P4P+, then I would bring both.

But if you really want to deliver, I would bring the Inspire 2 instead.;)
Agreed the I2 is awesome, however sometimes shooting inside the quarters are too close I need the P4 or mavic. Think i am going with the p4p

Ok I have just received my P4 Pro + and added it to my small fleet. I currently have an Inspire 2, mavic and as Mentioned P4Pro.
The question I pose:
Do I NEED both the mavic and P4P, or is the P4Pro the way to go????
Any and all help appreciated... I do have my 107 and use them commercially..
Thanks
I got rid of my P4P+ when I received my Inspire 2. IMO no need for both, but surely a need for the portability of the Mavic

For my first drone I had placed an order for a P4P. Then I discovered the Mavic. Canceled the P4P. Recognizing that the video won't be as good, what I had seen online (where focus wasn't screwed up) I decided to go with the "camera I have with me" principle rather than the camera I probably won't always have with me and that is more effort to setup and strike down.

Down the road I'll see about getting the P4P or something bigger.

Very nice fleet indeed! I guess that depends. What is your main demand? What clients want in regards to end results, or specifics about equipment, etc.

For instance, I sold my I1 a while ago because 1) it was too **** big and cumbersome; 2) I was able to do 90% or more of the takes with my P3Ps and P4s; 3) the demand for high-end, 4K/super fast/pro-level video&photo is still rather limited when compared to the demand for lower-res capturing - even for TV and advertising production; 4) I could hire Inspires and hexas with better cameras, or even subcontract for those special jobs and still satisfy the client and make a profit without the investment; and 5) I found out that most of my clients were after my pilot and photography skills rather than the size or rotor number of my aircrafts in my fleet.

I do maping/surveying/3D specialized in social media productions which doesn't require uber-equipment but rather nice, daring, original and good-looking shots which I can perfectly do with my current DJI quads (a P3P, a P4 and a Mavic for the incredible portability with is an undeniable plus in whatever situation). So yes, it depends on a few things IMHO.

I'm considering a P4P but at the same time thinking about waiting for P5 if it does't take too long. My view is, can't go wrong with any of these current DJI quads, and if money is no problem then why not hav'em all... But then again, in the end it's just a tool.

Very nice fleet indeed! I guess that depends. What is your main demand? What clients want in regards to end results, or specifics about equipment, etc.

For instance, I sold my I1 a while ago because 1) it was too **** big and cumbersome; 2) I was able to do 90% or more of the takes with my P3Ps and P4s; 3) the demand for high-end, 4K/super fast/pro-level video&photo is still rather limited when compared to the demand for lower-res capturing - even for TV and advertising production; 4) I could hire Inspires and hexas with better cameras, or even subcontract for those special jobs and still satisfy the client and make a profit without the investment; and 5) I found out that most of my clients were after my pilot and photography skills rather than the size or rotor number of my aircrafts in my fleet.

I do maping/surveying/3D specialized in social media productions which doesn't require uber-equipment but rather nice, daring, original and good-looking shots which I can perfectly do with my current DJI quads (a P3P, a P4 and a Mavic for the incredible portability with is an undeniable plus in whatever situation). So yes, it depends on a few things IMHO.

I'm considering a P4P but at the same time thinking about waiting for P5 if it does't take too long. My view is, can't go wrong with any of these current DJI quads, and if money is no problem then why not hav'em all... But then again, in the end it's just a tool.

What exactly do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

What exactly do you do?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

We do most kinds of aerial capturing (photos and videos) for various purposes. More technical stuff related to my business (architecture and construction/development), such as mapping, surveying, 3D modeling, technical registers, etc. Areas in which I was already exploring uses for my R/C hobby when these drones started showing up.

But since I'm also involved with action sports, photography and a bit of marketing, one thing leads to another so a few yrs ago we went "official" and got into other areas that had demand for aerial/ground stabilized images and editing as well. Such as commercials/advertising, portfolio, events, etc. Right now it's mostly productions/special projects for social media, web-based and direct marketing. Like showreels, short clips, stuff like that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929