DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Warranty Experience?

razors

Reactions
Wondering if anyone here has sent back a Mavic for warranty work?
IE a unit that has a defect and should be replaced or repaired by DJI.

How Did the experience go and how long was turn around to getting it back ?

My mavic was defective out of the box. Blurry image. I purchased it from an authorized dealer, returned it within the same week that it arrived. They couldn't exchange it for another unit, instead I have to wait for this thing to go all the way to DJI, be assessed, repaired, and shipped back. It went back 7 days ago and I have yet to hear anything but I'd be surprised if I saw it within 4 weeks. What a joke.

Just went through the process myself. Had one side of frame blurry. I sent a couple of sample photos that showed the issue and a note asking for suggestions on how to solve. Took about a week but got back a non-personal message that had a link to a pre-paid label. Sent it back, had it back 10 days later (completely new Mavic) replaced for free under warranty. It was all sort of impersonal but they did update status every step of the way (i.e. unit received, under evaluation, to be repaired under warranty, unit sent with tracking number).

They seemed kind of evasive as far as communicating ahead of time if it would be repaired/replaced under warranty, just said send it in for eval, and eventually indicated after they got it and checked it that it would be replaced free under warranty. But I think that's pretty much to be expected.

Same experience as AKFlyer here. Had it back in 7 days. UPS is the bottleneck as the shipping label from DJI is ground.

North Bay - California

Mine went to the Netherlands Monday,arrived Wednesday morning. When I track the repair still says waiting to receive :(
Led to believe it could take up to 2 weeks to get it back. Wet and miserable outside so wouldn't be flying anyway.

Thank you for the responses.

I figure mine will be at least 3 weeks.

I am in Canada sending back to California DJI location.

Just hoping they don't give me the gears

Thank you for the responses.

I figure mine will be at least 3 weeks.

I am in Canada sending back to California DJI location.

Just hoping they don't give me the gears
I have a warranty request open. I referred the case to the email support and are very supportive. Since I will be traveling, and knowing the turnaround time is high, I told them that defect needs to be fixed but isn't urgent and will send them the unit when I get back from traveling. They understood and told me to let them know when I'm ready so they can send me the label. I have a broken support plate for one of the motor arms.

Reactions: razors
All the issues people are having is very discouraging.

Par for the course I guess

Access to DJI support is horrendous, whether your calling or chatting each session took me over an hour to get connected.

The most frustrating issue, so far, was just trying to get a stupid shipping label. Nothing more frustrating than having a $1000.00 investment that needs repair and you can't even ship it back in a timely fashion.

My drone was just delivered to the Carson,Ca location after an indoor fly away collision that broke the gimbal. So far, EXTREMELY, disappointed with this drone. I upgraded from a Phantom 3 Standard and it was solid and I had 100% confidence with it on every flight. Now it's going to take a long time to build up my trust when it can't even fly correctly using what should be the optical sensors.

Access to DJI support is horrendous, whether your calling or chatting each session took me over an hour to get connected.

The most frustrating issue, so far, was just trying to get a stupid shipping label. Nothing more frustrating than having a $1000.00 investment that needs repair and you can't even ship it back in a timely fashion.

My drone was just delivered to the Carson,Ca location after an indoor fly away collision that broke the gimbal. So far, EXTREMELY, disappointed with this drone. I upgraded from a Phantom 3 Standard and it was solid and I had 100% confidence with it on every flight. Now it's going to take a long time to build up my trust when it can't even fly correctly using what should be the optical sensors.

I have to come to find that DJI US email support is very good. Chat and phone, are very bad and incompetent. I was so pissed at some point I demanded to chat with the manager and he did and was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sorry to hear of these issues. How long is the warranty on the Mavic anyway? I just ordered mine from DJI and am contemplating getting the DJI Care even though I see there are issues with that also. Any suggestions?

Mine went to the Netherlands Monday,arrived Wednesday morning. When I track the repair still says waiting to receive :(
Led to believe it could take up to 2 weeks to get it back. Wet and miserable outside so wouldn't be flying anyway.

I've had 2 into the Netherlands now, and both took just under 2 weeks to get back to me. The biggest delay was the one where you know they've got it(on the tracking) but the timeline still says still to be received. It's pretty normal for that to take up to 3 days in my experience. After that they're pretty quick, assuming there's no snags. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I have to come to find that DJI US email support is very good. Chat and phone, are very bad and incompetent. I was so pissed at some point I demanded to chat with the manager and he did and was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
As a new owner, I'm reading everything I can about DJI and my Mavic. So far everything has been great. I did manage to lose my Gimbal Lock on day one. I sent an email to DJI support and they replied within 24 hours, seeking clarification as to what I was looking for. Once I replied, I received an apology e-mail and then a tracking number for a replacement Gimbal Lock, at No Charge.

That certainly made me feel better about the choice of my Drone.

YMMV

Reactions: razors
Wondering if anyone here has sent back a Mavic for warranty work?
IE a unit that has a defect and should be replaced or repaired by DJI.

How Did the experience go and how long was turn around to getting it back ?
Mavic was crap out of the box. Wouldn't properly accept firmware upgrade. When I finally achieved a first flight the video was 23 seconds delayed and crashed. Refused to honor warranty even though admitted it was abnormal. Customer service was useless and the appeal process is a joke. One month turnaround to get back. I made a BBB complaint at Sacramento office...194 "won't cover warranty" complaints filed against the Mavic. Oscar Luguin; manager of California Dji said the warranty was no good because I did not have my eyes on the drone. 246 meters away. 7 Km drone and he says the warranty is only good for 150 meters. Line Of Sight does not count; you have to physically see it. (So don't look down at your remote or warranty is void. The second you put on the Dji goggles you are not looking at your drone and warranty is void.)
After one month of pissing on me I reversed the credit card charges and got it for free.

Mavic was crap out of the box. Wouldn't properly accept firmware upgrade. When I finally achieved a first flight the video was 23 seconds delayed and crashed. Refused to honor warranty even though admitted it was abnormal. Customer service was useless and the appeal process is a joke. One month turnaround to get back. I made a BBB complaint at Sacramento office...194 "won't cover warranty" complaints filed against the Mavic. Oscar Luguin; manager of California Dji said the warranty was no good because I did not have my eyes on the drone. 246 meters away. 7 Km drone and he says the warranty is only good for 150 meters. Line Of Sight does not count; you have to physically see it. (So don't look down at your remote or warranty is void. The second you put on the Dji goggles you are not looking at your drone and warranty is void.)
After one month of pissing on me I reversed the credit card charges and got it for free.
Not to burst your bubble, but I tried that same process of challenging the credit card purchase and literally right at the end of the period they could challenge (I believe it was 50 business days) they challenged and my bank was forced to give them back the money, so I ended up with my Mavic anyway and using DJI Refresh to fix it. Actually glad I did in the long run, despite the horrible support, the drone has been phenomenal and with DJI's recent firmware updates which provide QuickShot feature & added Dynamic Home Point for ActiveTrack mode it keeps getting better, plus I love using Hangar360 and getting phenomenal 360 panoramic shots

After the Thanksgiving Day firmware Massacre I lost all control of my camera. I called them up and was on hold for 5 minutes after which they told me they would send me a return label which I received within a couple of hours. UPS delivered the Maverick to DJI in California on Friday and by Monday they sent me an e-mail telling me it was in the works and by Tuesday afternoon they told me it was all fixed tested and will be shipping out within a day or two. So all in all everything seemed to go very quick and smooth for me. My mavic was only 3 months old so they told me everything is covered under warranty no charge.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian