DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro / Weather

Ez_Thug

Reactions
I've seen reviews to where the Mavic Pro was submerged in water due to battery dying or running into trees and breaking propellers landing in large bodies of water. Has any flown the Mavic Pro in the rain/snow ?

If you want your Mavic to fly another day I wouldnt but if you like to watch your 1000 dollar drone fail then do it.

Reactions: Ez_Thug
I live in Canada and I've been flying it a bunch in snow and in the mountains as we film snowboard and ski series....Any snow flying its been quite cold like -5 to -10C and dry snow. No issues other then batteries deplete fairly quickly.

They clearly state not water proof and to fly above freezing. I see more DJI Refresh stories coming from this thread...

I flew it in the snow a week ago and there was a battery issue during the flight and it went down. Only broke one prop thankfully.

I live in Canada and I've been flying it a bunch in snow and in the mountains as we film snowboard and ski series....Any snow flying its been quite cold like -5 to -10C and dry snow. No issues other then batteries deplete fairly quickly.
Backcountry ski/snowboarding? I can't imagine ski resorts to allow people to fly drones on their premises

I got caught in the rain last weekend, not lingering issues it would appear. Would not take the chance again. I got it home just before the rain got really strong, pretty sure I got lucky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000