DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with Fatsharks or other HDMI in

GenCode

Reactions
I am a FPV flier and I wanted to use my sharks, I know the mavic head gear may be better but at the field I always have my sharks with me so I wanted an option to use them. No to mention if I already have HD googles I would like to be able to use them

Here are some options I found and really wanted to know if anyone had tried other options.

Option 1)
This guy explains it at the beginning, he's using a large tablet but I think there may be some phones with hdmi out ports too.

Option 2)
Use Airplay(iOS) or Miracast(Android), just plug this into the googles
WiFi Display Dongle HDMI Streaming Media Player Support Airplay Mirroring Miracast DLNA

Option 3)
This one is iffy but it may work,
MHL Micro USB to HDMI Female Video Converter Adapter Cable

If you have any other ideas let me know, my mavic is still on order.

Thanks, Ed,

I guessx there is no other simple way for getting HDMI.
I am using a FatShark Dominator HD2 for my other copters and was looking for the same. MEanwhile I have switched over for using cardboard goggles together with the Litchi app. The visual impression is much better than with the Fatshark, with an even higher FOV. Just look here: Good VR Goggles for use with Litchi App

Last edited:
Hi !
HDMI from MHL only works if it is 11-pin MHL and even then it needs some work / soldering to be able to use USB Slave AND HDMI at the same time.
MiraScreen 5G works, especially as it can be switched to 5GHz, not interfering with 2,4 GHz Ocusync transmissions.
(Apple: Airplay, Android: MiraCast).

Of course there always can be issues and lag is incressed but for sub-$30 its a cheap shot.

Ender

P.S. a HDMI Tab or Kilrahs nifty Android Game Cosole is also nice. the device just has to be powerful for at least seamless 720p streaming. If i got Kilrah right his device works but maybe is a "borderline" case.
@Kilrah., the MTK 3288 chipset should be easily overcloackable if you rooted it which is also a 1 minute job.

Reactions: Kilrah and GenCode
Hi !
HDMI from MHL only works if it is 11-pin MHL and even then it needs some work / soldering to be able to use USB Slave AND HDMI at the same time.
MiraScreen 5G works, especially as it can be switched to 5GHz, not interfering with 2,4 GHz Ocusync transmissions.

Of course there always can be issues and lag is incressed but for sub-$30 its a cheap shot.

Ender

P.S. a HDMI Tab or Kilrahs nifty Android Game Cosole is also nice. the device just has to be powerful for at least seamless 720p streaming. If i got Kilrah right his device works but maybe is a "borderline" case.
@Kilrah., the MTK 3288 chipset should be easily overcloackable if you rooted it which is also a 1 minute job.

Thanks for all the input. Yes the 2.4 GHz was a concern but yeah 5G sounds like a plan if all else fails. :)
I am gonna take a look at the MHL pinouts now as I am fine within making my own cable, if I come up with something Ill post it on instructables and link here.

Thanks again, Ed,

Thanks for all the input. Yes the 2.4 GHz was a concern but yeah 5G sounds like a plan if all else fails. :)
I am gonna take a look at the MHL pinouts now as I am fine within making my own cable, if I come up with something Ill post it on instructables and link here.

Thanks again, Ed,
Hi Ed,
this shows a similar "operation"
Using a phone as a game console- HDMI out and USB in simultaneously

Only difference here the goal is to turn MHL into HDMI + USB host while we want to get HDMI + USB slave, so for my (different) Adapter i simply removed the resistor ignoring that 5'th pin.
(Note 3).

Ender

P.S. works fine, just lacking the Mavic yet, could be a good solution having a Note3 with HDMI goggls output :) ANd as i flashed CM 12.0 it also can use Cardboard goggles with DJI-GO (native SBS)

Hi !

Ender

Ender, here is some good info USB OTG and MHL information - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

:)

Hi Ed,
this shows a similar "operation"
Using a phone as a game console- HDMI out and USB in simultaneously

Only difference here the goal is to turn MHL into HDMI + USB host while we want to get HDMI + USB slave, so for my (different) Adapter i simply removed the resistor ignoring that 5'th pin.
(Note 3).

Ender

P.S. works fine, just lacking the Mavic yet, could be a good solution having a Note3 with HDMI goggls output :) ANd as i flashed CM 12.0 it also can use Cardboard goggles with DJI-GO (native SBS)

Oh man, your the best, thats a great link, best one yet!!!
I may build one and test with some other device I can dig up before the mavic gets here.
I have a Moto X but CM is not installed.

Oh man, your the best, thats a great link, best one yet!!!
I may build one and test with some other device I can dig up before the mavic gets here.
I have a Moto X but CM is not installed.
Hi !
You have to check whether that has 11 pin MHL, not "regular". Its quite rare !
IF it has 11 pin MHL you dont need CM, CM s just for using native SBS that makes every App Cardboard compatible...

Ender

arg, wont matter anyhow "there is no mhl compatibility with moto x pure. But it supports casting to devices so its not needed really"
Ill just try the cast and see if the lag is tolerable. Thanks again.

Unfortunately AFAIK 11-pin devices are mostly a thing of the past (like phones with microHDMI ports - there were some in 2012-2013), and any you might find are too slow to have any decent performance with the DJI GO app.
I've been using Galaxy S4s that way for a pretty special project and it worked great - I still have one but the GO app runs like a dog on it.

One more case of "manufacturer offered a possibility becasue they could but that nobody had a use for yet, so nobody used it and they removed it as a result for cost reduction reasons, now we could use it but it's gone". I hate manufacturers with no vision, it was obvious the timing was bad.

So thats why i got a used Note3 its fast enough. i recall the Note4 is also MHL 11 but i am not 100% on that.

Ender

Reactions: GenCode
This one is 5G so minimal interference with 2.4ghz, tested with TV

There will probably be some lag so this would need to be used away from obstacles, basically when flying at altitude should be fine.

You can switch this one to 720p so the lag should less at 720, also it should work with fatsharks at 720p

You can use the controllers USB under your phone to power it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7K6YA8
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004PW1XRS

Did anyone use Fatshark Dominator V2 with micro HDMI IN port from MAVIC usb? I don't have a cable handy but I'm wondering if it's worth the truble.

DJI RC cable to micro HDMI ... is there such a cable?

Last edited:
No, doesn't exist.

You need a mobile device with an HDMI output or a wireless display dongle.

Did anyone use Fatshark Dominator V2 with micro HDMI IN port from MAVIC usb? I don't have a cable handy but I'm wondering if it's worth the truble.

Did you mean micro? I ask because my FS goggles have a mini HDMI input not a micro, I do have USB to HDMI cables and adapters to HDMI to mini HDMI, works fine for me but I loose the tablet because you can't use both outputs at the same time, however nvidia shield K1 works great! It has HDMI output mini on the tablet

I have USB to HDMI cables, you can find them on Amazon, I have two hanging on my wall,

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

This did work, lag between .5 seconds and 1 second tho.

This did work, lag between .5 seconds and 1 second tho.

Hello GenCode, do you mind relinking the video again?

I have a Samsung Tab S2 T715N which is supposed to be capable of MHL. But as stated above with devices like that you miss one plug and we want HDMI out and USB in simultaneously - the first for some HDMI Goggles or so and the latter for the connection between Mavic RC and tablet. If I got you right you made that working?

Thanks, Heiner

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98