DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Propeller Cage Installation Help by Advexure

Advexure

Reactions
Hello All -

Now that the Mavic Propeller Cages are finally arriving in the hands of Mavic owners we've been receiving a few questions regarding installation and hope this thread will help address some of those questions.

First off, in the box you will find the following:

4 Cages
2 Securing Locks
3 Pairs of the 7728 Quick-Release Folding Propellers that are to only be used with the Propeller Cages

The cages are packed in the retail box with their numbers 1-4 facing up on the edge of the cage. The numbers of each cage are also underneath on the locking clamp. Each numbered cage has to be installed on the correct arm. See below.

Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 1.JPG

Once you have the respective cages on the respective arms as numbered above and snapped/locked on the arm, you then can install the securing lock on each pair of cages on the left (#2 and #3) and on the right (#1 and #4). The securing lock has an arrow pointing the front. The securing lock installs to the bottom half of the front cages and the top half of the back cages (see additional pictures attached to this thread).

Once you have the cages installed on all four arms with the two securing locks installed you can then install the 7728 Propellers from the open slot on the top of the cage, whites on white, blacks on black just as with your normal 8330 propellers.

The one last thing before you are ready to fly is that you must enable the Propeller Cage setting in the DJI GO 4 App. Main Controller Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Enable Propeller Cage option.

Please also see the below attached images for reference during installation.

Any questions please don't hesitate to reach out here on this thread. Mavic Prop Cages can be purchased through Advexure here: DJI Mavic Prop Cages from Advexure

Safe and happy flying,
The Advexure Team :cool:

Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 2.JPG
Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 3.JPG
Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 4.JPG
Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 5.JPG
Mavic Propeller Cage Installation 6.JPG

That message from adventure was very helpful. The DJI instructions were printed in VERY TINY print and were very pro on instruction. You think that for $159 it would have a good video and clearly explained and printed manual, right? What that's DJI

Here's feedback on flying with the cages:

They will protect the Mavic in collisions in all directions, within reason. This is not smoothing you soon around in with Sport Mode. I do a lot of indoor flying and I likely will devote the Mavic with Cages to this task. I will keep them on all the time and look for a case that will accommodate it installed.

Flight time with 30 % reserve is about 12 minutes, depending on what you do. Camera eats up battery. It is very noisy at a high pitch. The little props turn at about 800 RPM instead of usual 500-ish RPM.

Battery got quite hot but is was 91 degrees outside. Airdata reported the max battery temp as 90 degrees. That is not credible as it was hot to touch when I removed it from a/c.

Also, it is more susceptible to winds, which blow it around more due to the additional "faces" of the cages, but indoors that is not an issue.

Bottom line, this is good insurance, in my opinion if you don't need LONG flight times. I'd love to see a BALL that the Mavic can get into and fly.

Here's an image of my Junior in flight with his Cages.

Attachments

• 2017-05-17 Junior wit Prop Cages IMG_20170517_164227389.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: Advexure
Well guys, my propeller cages lived a very short life, at first flight, on a volontary backward test bump against the wall, the lelt-side security lock broke... security locks are provided in the number of just two, no spare part... neither in the package nor in the DJI Store...
And now????? should I make some bricolage and build a METAL set of security locks?
Those stupid tiny pieces of plastic are so fragile, they definitively CAN'T STAND the mechanical solitication of the rear cages hitting an obstacle and pushing the rear Mavic's arm to fold down.... BE CAREFUL!!

Hi, I just got the propeller cage kit about a week ago. I've already lost one of the Securing Locks. Is there anyway that I can get another one. Maybe a couple of spares?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio