DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro's GEO System Test (It's Amazing)

If you get authorization from the ATC you can go to the DJI website and under your account (the one you used to activate the Mavic Pro) scroll to the bottom and you will see "My Unlocking Plans". Click "create" and follow the steps for advanced unlocking and then when you go fly, you will now be able to take off.

***Note that it assumes you have taken all of the necessary steps to get authorization to fly in that area***

If you get authorization from the ATC you can go to the DJI website and under your account (the one you used to activate the Mavic Pro) scroll to the bottom and you will see "My Unlocking Plans". Click "create" and follow the steps for advanced unlocking and then when you go fly, you will now be able to take off.

***Note that it assumes you have taken all of the necessary steps to get authorization to fly in that area***
That's awesome brother. I don't plan on flying in restricted airspace but that's good to know. I was just trying to snap a pic of my buddies lawn. lol

Reactions: HelloNasty1
But if someone turn off the Geo System in the setting, they can still take off. Any reason why DJI allows someone to turn it off?
Don't quote me on this but I think turning this off only disables the warnings and doesn't actually remove the flight restriction.

That's awesome brother. I don't plan on flying in restricted airspace but that's good to know. I was just trying to snap a pic of my buddies lawn. lol
I hear ya.....following this procedure would allow you to do this...fly at your own risk Thumbswayup

Reactions: Native Hawk eye
I wonder if that works in Canada. I got hard up and took the Mavvie out to our groups 3,500 sq ft hangar last weekend at a fully controlled airport and flew it around inside the hanger just to have some fun. Not a blip besides a warning that I was inside Class C airspace.

I wonder if that works in Canada. I got hard up and took the Mavvie out to our groups 3,500 sq ft hangar last weekend at a fully controlled airport and flew it around inside the hanger just to have some fun. Not a blip besides a warning that I was inside Class C airspace.
Check here to see if it should your location as something other than a Class C airspace...

DJI GEO System - Unlock Areas For Authorized Access

Neat. Shows my airfield as an authorized zone (yellow) that could be unlocked. It probably worked in the hangar because there was no GPS lock. Next Saturday is a drone pilots training seminar at the field all morning that I am attending and it said to 'bring your drone' so it will be interesting to see what happens. I see I can request unlock online (three day expiry) so I will do that Friday to ensure I don't get stymied on Saturday when I try to spool it up !

Neat. Shows my airfield as an authorized zone (yellow) that could be unlocked. It probably worked in the hangar because there was no GPS lock. Next Saturday is a drone pilots training seminar at the field all morning that I am attending and it said to 'bring your drone' so it will be interesting to see what happens. I see I can request unlock online (three day expiry) so I will do that Friday to ensure I don't get stymied on Saturday when I try to spool it up !

Sounds like fun. Took mine to the rc airfield yesterday and the thing drew a crowd. battery life was the big deal with the old timers. The speed and stability left some amazed. I flew it on sport mode most of the time and it flies kind of fast for the weight and size plus all the tech.. I was working on turns in high speed there since they have a drone race track year around. Takes a bit getting used to sharp turning but for the most part it handles well.

Yep, will do the same once the snow thaws and the wind buggers off. I am not sure what I enjoy more. Flying the darn thing or capturing the video and viewing/editing. Its a dual fun toy !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22