DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Range

I'm kinda confused when I try to fly out, usually when I'm about 700 too 900 meters I keep get strong interface for about couple seconds then goes away I get nervous then I come back..... I was flying in my neighborhood over homes so I'm not sure what it could be from? Anyone know? Thanks

Wi-Fi signals affect your connection. Often the signal will stabilize once you get past interference point. If you set your return to home parameters well, you will be fine in the event your signal is lost. The drone will elevate to specified attitude in your return to home settings and come back. Often the signal soon reconnects once drone elevates or comes back slightly. You can then cancel RTH and continue your mission. When signal gets unstable, try adjusting your positron to ensure the controller is aiming in the right direction. Use the compass to orient toward the drone if the compass is working properly. Antennae should be parallel and pointing straight up.

Is the default setting not good? Do you guys run it at 10hz ?
I've never messed with it. I just know where to find it so I was helping you follow larkin's advice. It's something I would try if I was having interference problems.

Reactions: larkin
Last thing as well how do you guys point your Anntena? Straight or like L ?

Flat part of antennae should face the drone. That means antenna should be sticking straight up and parallel to each other. So yes, like an L where the antennae tips are straight up.

Reactions: SailorGerry
Flat part of antennae should face the drone. That means antenna should be sticking straight up and parallel to each other. So yes, like an L where the antennae tips are straight up.

So why do the antenna want to "lock" into a position that's not straight up? Honest question, I have no clue so I'm hoping someone can explain that a little.

Reactions: larkin
So why do the antenna want to "lock" into a position that's not straight up? Honest question, I have no clue so I'm hoping someone can explain that a little.

It's for user comfort. If you like to, say, hold the controller up close to your face, then adjust the antennae at an angle so they are vertical when the controller is being held where you like it.

Wow, 20k feet is wicked. Anyone with some good CE results? I made it to 3km(10k feet) with my P3A. With the Mavic I only have 800 meters (2600 feet), with no issues, of course =)

Straight out instead of straight up is another position. This would be used when you fly the Mavic straight up in the air above you. It keeps the antennae perpendicular for that flight.

The longest distance i have flight till today in CE mavic pro (my location is Greece), is 2400 meters from my home point at approx. 60 to 70 meters altitude at urban territory with no problems.

CyberNate, where do you see that the flats of the antennae face the drone? The manual is silent on this as best I can tell but the illustrations clearly show one antenna with it's flat facing forward and the other one with the convex side facing forward.

CyberNate, where do you see that the flats of the antennae face the drone? The manual is silent on this as best I can tell but the illustrations clearly show one antenna with it's flat facing forward and the other one with the convex side facing forward.

That's not what I meant. I mean that you should have the tips of the antennae pointing straight up and parallel to each other. The only time this is not true is if you are flying straight up, above you. Then you'd want the antennae tips pointing directly away from you so that that the antenna extension is perpendicular to the direction of the craft. The point is the signal is strongest from the long flat surfaces, not the tips.

Try manually setting your transmission frequency before takeoff and use the 10hz band.

Is the 10Hz band usually less crowded? how does one set this on a Mavic? I too will fly near houses and WiFi crowded areas

Is the 10Hz band usually less crowded? how does one set this on a Mavic? I too will fly near houses and WiFi crowded areas
The band is still 2.4ghz but you can select a range of frequency to transmit. That range can either be a window of 20hz or 10hz. If you can find an average noise floor that's lower in a 10hz range, which is often the case, go with that. Like another said, the setting is in the HD menu after you enable custom.

Last edited:
That 26% is the power level. He had over 60% battery.

Oh! Got it. You had me worried there...[emoji15] I have a different look to my screen. I chose the radar and home point. Idk you could see the power level. Good to know.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61