DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic RC bricked after failed update firmware

Reactions
Gentleman, I just received my lovely Mavic yesterday, after unboxing i was really exciting. Not taking any longer I go through with the manual and YouTube tutorial before start up my bird, after enter the DJI GoApp i saw that there is a new firmware version available for update then I proceed that, first attempted is failed and the second one stuck at 99% but the Mavic itself reboot except the RC, after restart both Mavic and RC, my RC won't detect my phone at all, I have tried re update it via Assistant App in Mac for Mavic and it goes smoothly but my Mac won't detect my RC. My problem is the same in his thread Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro. , people say there is no way fixing it beside send it back to DJI, but it would difficult for me since I asked my friend to bought it from US when he on his vacation, right now I lived in Asian. Just want to know if there any solution for this in this forum before I try to find a way to send it back.
Thanks and regard

WOW! bummer experience right out of the box....so sorry to hear that.
I'm not sure if "welcome" is appropriate right now w/ your experience but.....GOOD LUCK! w/ the issue you having right now....hope you resolved it ASAP!

Reactions: kang.salvatore
This may help

Connecting phone to RC.

Turn off the RC if it is on
Press Power button once briefly, then hold it down until it is powered off​

Kick out the DJI GO App (on iPhone, double click home, then flick away to the top). No idea how to do this on Android.

Connect the phone to the controller.

Start the controller
Press Power button once briefly, then hold it down until it is powered on.
Start the DJI GO App
Pairing (if needed)
On the MP right port
Slide the WiFi/RC switch to RC
Use a pointy object to depress the small button
In GO APP locate the "Pairing" function under the RC logo and invoke that.​

Reactions: kang.salvatore
WOW! bummer experience right out of the box....so sorry to hear that.
I'm not sure if "welcome" is appropriate right now w/ your experience but.....GOOD LUCK! w/ the issue you having right now....hope you resolved it ASAP!

Thanks you,but this is upsetting me so bad. Since this is my first drone and it is faulty from the 1st day [emoji17][emoji17]. I send it to local DJI dealer in my town and he said the RC is bricked, he suggested me to send it back, but as I mention it is very difficult for me to send it back. Then he said the DJI team in China told him that if I do t want to send it back the simply way to fix it is to replace the RC mainboard Mavic RC Main Board .
[emoji17][emoji17][emoji17]

Reactions: Mashuugana
This may help

Connecting phone to RC.

Turn off the RC if it is on
Press Power button once briefly, then hold it down until it is powered off​

Kick out the DJI GO App (on iPhone, double click home, then flick away to the top). No idea how to do this on Android.

Connect the phone to the controller.

Start the controller
Press Power button once briefly, then hold it down until it is powered on.
Start the DJI GO App
Pairing (if needed)
On the MP right port
Slide the WiFi/RC switch to RC
Use a pointy object to depress the small button
In GO APP locate the "Pairing" function under the RC logo and invoke that.​

I have done this buddy and many more combination with the Local DJI fixer, but still doesnt work. It is work well with other controller by just binding key C1 + C2 + Rec + Capture . Anyway as I read all through this thread Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro. I see there is no one can solve this, DJI why ??

I have done this buddy and many more combination with the Local DJI fixer, but still doesnt work. It is work well with other controller by just binding key C1 + C2 + Rec + Capture . Anyway as I read all through this thread Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro. I see there is no one can solve this, DJI why ??

Hoped that might work - sometimes the sequence of things is enough to break through.

So, unfortunately, you should contact DJI support.:(

Have u tried both USB ports? BTW Bottom USB port csn be used only if u unplug the side USB male jack from its socket

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom