DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic RC bricked after failed update firmware

Reactions
Gentleman, I just received my lovely Mavic yesterday, after unboxing i was really exciting. Not taking any longer I go through with the manual and YouTube tutorial before start up my bird, after enter the DJI GoApp i saw that there is a new firmware version available for update then I proceed that, first attempted is failed and the second one stuck at 99% but the Mavic itself reboot except the RC, after restart both Mavic and RC, my RC won't detect my phone at all, I have tried re update it via Assistant App in Mac for Mavic and it goes smoothly but my Mac won't detect my RC. My problem is the same in his thread Please Help!!! Controller not connecting to Mavic Pro. , people say there is no way fixing it beside send it back to DJI, but it would difficult for me since I asked my friend to bought it from US when he on his vacation, right now I lived in Asian. Just want to know if there any solution for this in this forum before I try to find a way to send it back.
Thanks and regard

Detecting the RC in Assistant seems a bit hit and miss, try a different USB socket - and different cable(s), connect while turned on, or turn on while connected.
It would also be worth trying a Windows PC if possible.

It should be made clearer that there's no obligation to do that update until later - if at all - just because there's a red flag telling you.
They come along so frequently it make sense is to only update if something in a new version seems fixed or better (rare events)

If you try the dji assistant app on the pc make sure you have the very latest version.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian