DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Refresh Program

Bought mine yesterday as I just recieved my drone. For what its worth its a small amount of extra insurance in my books.

Bought it!! If u crash your drone will u wish u had it? There's your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Yeah I was very reluctant to buy and took all of my 48 hours to decide, but in the end I bought it. It's really for peace of mind. I've never crashed a drone but I've never bought one at full price either. I have used craigslist for all of my drones and never spent more than a couple hundred dollars. I have $1100 invested in this one, so I feel better with the extra insurance. Besides that, my of the flying will be done in the first year of ownership so I think a year extra coverage is sufficient. If it breaks after that.... Ill just get the Mavic 2.

Good luck with them. Know 2 people that made a claim with them. 1 for cell phone and 1 for a drone. They both got nothing from asurion. 1 got a refund from amazon for the policy. They might pay up for the cheap things they insure but u will never see a $1000 gift card. Just read the reviews.

Everybody knows somebody. I've had 2 cell phones replaced by them. No questions asked. They have far more positive reviews than negative and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. Every insurance plan is a risk, regardless of who it's through. They've only been offering drone-specific coverage for about a month. When did your friend file their claim and what was the reason it was denied?

About 3 weeks ago for accidental damage. They told him to go through warranty. Lol. After fighting with them on the phone he called amazon and got a refund. Just telling my story. Information is key to help people out. Great that it worked for you.

Just telling my story.
Well, technically you're telling somebody else's story, but thanks for the info. If that was their SOP, they certainly wouldn't have an A+ rating with the BBB. But every situation is different and coverage of any kind comes with the risk of being denied. The water damage exclusion is what killed DJI Refresh for me.

unless you're in California, give State Farm a call and get a personal articles policy on it. I paud 60 a year to cover my mavic and there's zero deductible covering theft, accidental damage, etc.

I think I will have to look at Allstate and Asurian. Don't trust DJI. I have had over the years 8 phones replaced by Asurian. Even got booted for a year after I hit their max.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I think I will have to look at Allstate

One thing to keep in mind with conventional insurance companies like Allstate and State Farm is that they share a claims database. That means that if you file a claim on the Mavic, you may not qualify for the best "claim free" rates on homeowners or renters insurance. Not worth it for $750 drone in my opinion. I prefer to use "off the grid" companies like Asurion, Square Trade, etc. for electronics coverage.

What do you think of all these bad reviews of Asurion? To be fair, this is a website that only hosts bad reviews, but if I'm buying only Asurion OR DJI Care and for whatever reason Asurion didn't work out when I was counting on it that wouldn't be too cool.. everyone feel that Asurion is a safe bet for drones? If it could be counted on it would be nice since it's 2 years vs DJI's 1 year. 400 ASURION complaints and reviews @ Pissed Consumer

What do you think of all these bad reviews of Asurion? To be fair, this is a website that only hosts bad reviews, but if I'm buying only Asurion OR DJI Care and for whatever reason Asurion didn't work out when I was counting on it that wouldn't be too cool.. everyone feel that Asurion is a safe bet for drones? If it could be counted on it would be nice since it's 2 years vs DJI's 1 year.

I don't thing there's such thing as a safe bet for drone crash insurance. You can find bad reviews for any service if you look for them. In my opinion Asurion isn't any less safe than anything else, but I've never filed a drone claim with them, so who knows? I do know that although they only recently started offering drone coverage, Asurion has been around forever insuring cell phones, and I've personally had great experiences with them there. They're a huge company that wouldn't get an A+ rating with the BBB if there were more unhappy customers than happy ones.

Reactions: niclariv
If the drone is lost/fly-away (as opposed to stolen that might have a police report), what do the insurance companies need to resolve a claim? Do they limit to those with tracking that can indicate loss? OR do they just take your word for it being "unfindable"?

I've got state farm insurance on mine. 60a year, no deductible. Covers crashes fly always ect.

Here in the U.K., if you ordered early, they are honouring the 'original' price of £999, rather than charging the 'new' price of £1,099. Which means I saved a £100 on the new cost, so I spent it on the DJI Refresh package. I doubt I'll need it (famous last words) as I'm fairly proficient with these things but some people (with a lot more experience than me) have managed to crash: if it goes up, sooner or later it'll come down. I have always managed where and when but there's always room for being a bit too confident and pushing too far. Anyway, I've got it and feel a bit less concerned because of it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S