DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Remote Battery Life?

thefrisbee995

Reactions
I haven't seen any threads on here or anything online about how long the remote controller will last. When I had my P3 Pro I used to get like a dozen flights (running the drone battery right down each time) before it hit 1/4 capacity. Any ideas on how long the mavic controller will last in comparison?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that it's 6+ flights, but can't for the life of remember where, or the authenticity of the source..

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Thanks Alex, I'd have guessed it would be about 6 flights but I was hoping maybe a couple more. Anybody got any sources on here?

I hope it can be charged via Micro USB during flight, just in case I forget to charge it. Then I can just pop a battery pack charger in the bag.

I hope it can be charged via Micro USB during flight, just in case I forget to charge it. Then I can just pop a battery pack charger in the bag.
Good question, I'd love to know if this would be possible too. Doesn't look like anybody has looked into the controller as much as the actual drone.

That's what I'm currently seeing.. these are 20+ min flights.
Hi Ken,
Have you tried charging the remote whilst flying g (with a power bank or similar?)
I am going to guess this will not work due the the USB protocol and two devices connected simultaneously but worth a try.

Hi Ken,
Have you tried charging the remote whilst flying g (with a power bank or similar?)
I am going to guess this will not work due the the USB protocol and two devices connected simultaneously but worth a try.

Yes you can.. but you have to use the upper usb power to charge and the lower usb for mobile device.

Reactions: The Editor
Having flown a bit now, I'm getting roughly six ~20 minute flights with the RC battery.

Reactions: DesJardins
Does the charge percentage of the controller represent the level (capacity-mah) at which the battery is discharged? I know flying electric helis to only fly down to no less than 30% on a lipo then they start to get hurt. I would prefer a readout that tells me capacity used during the flight. I did a bench test with no phone attached (Yes it's an S7 Edge) no controller inputs and the battery was down to 20% in 45 minutes. I did my first flights on the Mavic this morning and was down to 45% after 2 flights. I have 4 Mavic batteries and the remote charging is sloooow. Would have to wait a least an hour to get a full charge again.

Let me see... flight time of around 19 to 21 minutes, my RC drops to around 87%

so 13% per battery for me..

that would roughly make , what, 6 batteries before my RC runs out of juice..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair