DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic replacement insurance

derowland

Reactions
So, I crashed it and sent it to DJI for a fix or replacement per the insurance and their process. Service was good and they replaced it in a week but they charged me $79. I thought the insurance covered these costs, no? I paid it just to get it back but I really can't get an answer from DJI as to why there was a fee. Thoughts?

DJI care refresh cost $99. For that you get it fixed 2 times in one year. First time is $79 and the 2nd time is $129. Still cheaper than the $300-600 it would of cost without it. And you got it back in a WEEK!! Mine took 5 weeks for them to repair and send it back. The only damage I did was to the black ribbon cable on the camera!

EDIT: It's $129 2nd time.

Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) Half way down just under the Jeep. Is info.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rbruz and Bigfoot
DJI care refresh cost $99. For that you get it fixed 2 times in one year. First time is $79 and the 2nd time is $129. Still cheaper than the $300-600 it would of cost without it. And you got it back in a WEEK!! Mine took 5 weeks for them to repair and send it back. The only damage I did was to the black ribbon cable on the camera!

EDIT: It's $129 2nd time.

Buy DJI Care Refresh (Mavic Pro) Half way down just under the Jeep. Is info.
I didnt' realize there was a "per fix" cost, in addition to the initial $99 cost. I've looked everywhere for this information. Where did you find it?

Ripoff if they send you a refurbished unit IMO. So first one is $178. And your unit may have other issues. I would rather get a PP policy and buy a new one.

Yup, that's what they did in my case. In fact mine was manufactured in December (if you believe the Serial Decoder site). Plus it took 3 weeks to get to me; with an insurance policy I would've had the check 2 days later.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98