DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Scotland

V0mit_C0met

Reactions
So it seems there are a few potential Mavic pilots in Scotland.

For me i have never ventured further than my garden or park with mini drones due to the performance factor.

So where are we all going to be flying and catching some wonderful footage ?

I will be around the Fife area to begin with obviously avoiding the no fly zones. Elie beach is a must for me.

What about you?

I'll be taking footage from all over Fife - mostly West Fife, should get some good shots of the bridges, but I also have connections in the East Neuk and Crail Harbour is a must for me.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Some day I'm going to visit and you bet your Sgian Dubh I'll be bringing my Mavic! I'll want to film above and around Loch Sloy.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I'll be taking footage from all over Fife - mostly West Fife, should get some good shots of the bridges, but I also have connections in the East Neuk and Crail Harbour is a must for me.

Crail harbour is a good shout.
I am up there a few times in the summer with my car so i will pack my drone [emoji106]

Making the most of my DSLR while awaiting my drone...

This was tonight.

Great picture [emoji106]
Was down earlier in the year at a similar spot [emoji2]
ef818b5f134277ac5fd418c3b467e7bd.jpg

Nice to see some fellow Fifers! Not got my Mavic yet. Bit worried If I'll be able to practice fly it from where I live actually. I'm in Leuchars which according to maps is in a no fly zone annoyingly. Im going from the Phantom 2 to the Mavic.

Nice to see some fellow Fifers! Not got my Mavic yet. Bit worried If I'll be able to practice fly it from where I live actually. I'm in Leuchars which according to maps is in a no fly zone annoyingly. Im going from the Phantom 2 to the Mavic.

Hi Arron [emoji113]
Yeah, right slap bang in the middle.
Although some of it may be altitude restricted i believe

Loch Leven's a good flight. About 1km from shore to Loch Leven castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held in the 1600s. If you're feeling saucy, Kinghorne to Inchkeith is 2.8 miles and I'm gathering the courage to have a crack at it when I get my Mavic.

Loch Leven's a good flight. About 1km from shore to Loch Leven castle where Mary Queen of Scots was held in the 1600s. If you're feeling saucy, Kinghorne to Inchkeith is 2.8 miles and I'm gathering the courage to have a crack at it when I get my Mavic.

Let me know when you're doing that, I'll come and watch. No way will I be having the "is it going to make it back" experience with my own one. High stakes.

I'll settle for an orbit of the rocky outcrop on edge of Pettycur bay beach. That's further than it looks by the way. I walked out to it with my Grandad over 30 years ago. Took ages.

Uncle had a caravan there and would go for fortnight in August every year before I went back to school.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Watty
Let me know when you're doing that, I'll come and watch. No way will I be having the "is it going to make it back" experience with my own one. High stakes.

I'll settle for an orbit of the rocky outcrop on edge of Pettycur bay beach. That's further than it looks by the way. I walked out to it with my Grandad over 30 years ago. Took ages.

I don't think it'd be that tall an order for the Mavic, been testing my P3 to similar distances and it handles it ok. In order to take in the whole flight with a few orbits around the island it would be at the absolute limits of my P3 batteries though (15 minutes) so I reckon on a calm day the Mavic could handle it with a few dozen percent of spare battery!

I'll take you up on your offer of company when the time does come :)

I have been taking mine out of the sky at 30% battery and still achieved 5500km in 22mins. So would handle it [emoji106]
Think i will wait for the boat in the summer though

Reactions: Watty
Would really like to maybe meet up with some Mavic pilots in Scotland. Just got my drone a few weeks ago (after ordering what seems like years ago). Still feel like a complete noob on it though...

Took it out for a first flight on Boxing Day only for it to start snowing. ABOOOOORT !!! :eek:
Footage is from Blairgowrie. Hoping to head to Loch Lomond once the weather calms... although a bit nervous about the whole flying of water thing...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+