DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Scotland

Good stuff
Thought you would have got more flight time. Maybe a bit of wind then [emoji2]

Did you launch from Kinghorn?

Aye, there was a wee bit of wind from the west. Both outbound and inbound I was having to fly into it to avoid being blown off course. Yup.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
Enough with the telemetry.

Where's the video?! ;-)

Sounds like you're all having a great fun!
Have you attempted to use the following Apps to assist?
Drone Assist

&

UAV Forecast

Do you have a CAA drone license?
I'm a bit new to Drones after operating ROVs for over 30 years!
Cheers

Aloon

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Sounds like you're all having a great fun!
Have you attempted to use the following Apps to assist?
Drone Assist

&

UAV Forecast

Do you have a CAA drone license?
I'm a bit new to Drones after operating ROVs for over 30 years!
Cheers

Aloon

Hi there loon from a fellow ROV'er
Are you from up north?
I skip between hover, drone assist, UAV FC and airmap.
The mavic is good as it will make you aware of zone you are in.

I have started my open learning for a UAQ.

[emoji1303]

Hi there loon from a fellow ROV'er
Are you from up north?
I skip between hover, drone assist, UAV FC and airmap.
The mavic is good as it will make you aware of zone you are in.

I have started my open learning for a UAQ.

[emoji1303]

Nae, Im fae Kirkcaldy.

Just started my eLearning with RUSTA. Pilots course booked for 4-6 April in Edinburgh...... 1200 notes for 3 days!

Not going back to ROVs. Had enough of long haul flights & cattle class!

Have you bought any ND filters for the Mavic yet?

Cheers Min!

Aloon

Right enough
You did say that a few posts back .

I feel you're pain [emoji23]

Been thinking about getting some but the delivery time was putting me off. Saying that, if i bit the bullet at the time i would have them by now [emoji23]

Nae, Im fae Kirkcaldy.

Just started my eLearning with RUSTA. Pilots course booked for 4-6 April in Edinburgh...... 1200 notes for 3 days!

Not going back to ROVs. Had enough of long haul flights & cattle class!

Have you bought any ND filters for the Mavic yet?

Cheers Min!

Aloon

A friend and former colleague did his ROV course when we got made redundant from the electronics factory 9 years ago. He's always on Facebook posting pictures of whatever he's drinking in some far flung corner of the world. If flares and reflections start bothering me I may buy a filter. Unlikely to be shelling out for a full set.

I though about doing the course, I see it can be done at Perth racecourse, but I'm only flying for fun and can't see me doing this commercially. If I did it I would need to make the money back!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Hi all I just joined the forum so first post for me. I received my Mavi Pro late December but have had little opportunity to fly due to work and weather, but so far the Mavic is impressive. I had a 3DR Solo with GoPro4 before this and can't believe the size difference.
I'll post whatever footage I take in the coming weeks.

Reactions: V0mit_C0met
I'm flying out to Edinburgh now if this FlyBE ever wants to leave (at least I have a spare airplane with me). Work trip, but I do hope to get my bird up in the next few days.

Edinburgh self seems to be in controlled airspace (and dense city area). I'm not really planning to fly there, but a bit south (Peniquick area), but I am wondering what your experience is with your laws and enforcement thereof.

Again not planning to break the laws, for sure don't want to start another flame war. Just curious that's all

I'm flying out to Edinburgh now if this FlyBE ever wants to leave (at least I have a spare airplane with me). Work trip, but I do hope to get my bird up in the next few days.

Edinburgh self seems to be in controlled airspace (and dense city area). I'm not really planning to fly there, but a bit south (Peniquick area), but I am wondering what your experience is with your laws and enforcement thereof.

Again not planning to break the laws, for sure don't want to start another flame war. Just curious that's all

I use Drone Assist (CAA & NATs approved) Flight Radar24 and UAV Forecast Apps to assist planning any outings!
An anemometer with temperature is helpful too! About 20 of your finest £ on Amazon!

Drone Assist seems only available in the U.K. Apple Store. I really don't understand those kinds of decisions by the app makers. AirMap seems to show I should be good in Peniquick

Drone Assist seems only available in the U.K. Apple Store. I really don't understand those kinds of decisions by the app makers. AirMap seems to show I should be good in Peniquick

It was developed by NATS, the main Air Traffic Service provider in the UK so thats all they really care about. It's also available in the google play store.

IMG_4467.JPG

See attached snapshot from Drone assist. Penicuik is just on the outskirts of Edinburgh airport fly zone so extra precautions are needed.......basic line of sight and height restrictions. Hope this helps

Reactions: drvdijk
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas