DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic... size LARGE? Or mavic X-8 version?

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
Got in the Mavic today.... for those of us that have been with Phantoms and other quads it is hard to comprehend how compact the Mavic is and how small the camera and gimbal is until you've had it in your hands... it's like microscopic in comparison o_O

I could not help but compare the (size) of my AD-1 quad against the Mavic.... Even if I had folding prop's on my AD-1 it is still a BEAST compared to the elegant Mavic.

I think the stacked X-8 configuration would also be cool... maybe I could rubberband them together and fly tandem? :)

Attachments

• AD1-Mavic-Open.jpg
    AD1-Mavic-Open.jpg
    546.1 KB · Views: 121
  • AD1-Mavic-Piggyback.jpg
    AD1-Mavic-Piggyback.jpg
    735.5 KB · Views: 132
  • AD1-Mavic-Closed.jpg
    AD1-Mavic-Closed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 135
Reactions: dam
Congrats .. lol that looks like the x-8 had a baby.. very cool comparison.

I wish the AD-1 had DJI innards and flight control, HD downlink etc... DJI is SO far ahead of the game... I would love it if they cam out with an all in one controller/downlink that would allow one to retrofit older 'copters with the new app driven controllers.

The AD-1 is a work horse/commercial type and can carry a load.. but lacks the niceties of the app driven DJI products, and of course the HD downlink (compared to the older 5.8ghz analog downlinks) is the ticket.

I wonder if it could be converted to use the DJI N3 flight controller.

I looked at that and was hopeful.... but I'd have to add Lightbridge to it as well.... so yes it could be done but not worth that kind of complexity and cost - I was hoping for an all in one solution.

I actually was thinking of trying to find a crashed P4 or Inspire and rob the innards out of it... but again, a lot of work.

Kind of is, what it is and work well enough at that. Maybe in the future though?!

Wow[emoji15] that other drone looks like the Abomination. How does it fly? Wow, the Mavic looks like a mosquito compared to it[emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

Wow[emoji15] that other drone looks like the Abomination. How does it fly? Wow, the Mavic looks like a mosquito compared to it[emoji23]

Sent from [emoji211]

It's really the same layout as the Mavic... Spider quads have been around for a long while and most racer quads are set up this way... by abomination I take it to mean all the visible wiring?.... yes, very confusing to the eye... even takes me a while to re-figure things out when I need to change something.... and I'm the one who built it! I do have a black carbon top for it, but I liked showing off the "brains" :D Now DJI has everything Incorporated into one giant mother of a board... ESC's and all...

It flies great, it has DJI Naza V2 controller and DJI gimbal. It can be VERY fast in the full manual mode and also capable of aerobatics.... but that is beyond my piloting skills

I think what is really amazing is looks at the size of GoPro camera and DJI gimbal campared to the micro camera on the Mavic - simply amazing!

Reactions: duelingglove
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair