DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic South Africa

Krugerfornia, AKA Krugsbury, AKA Krugersdorp.... Love the Mavaroon... :) That's what I called it....

Attachments

• White.JPG
    White.JPG
    264.7 KB · Views: 67
I am in Kempton Park (yep - no fly zone here) Have to travel a bit to fly my magical Mavic. I love this machine.
Would like to know if there's other Mavic people around my area.

Hi

We’re traveling to South Africa next week on holiday. We’ll be camping for a week or so in Kruger, visiting game reserves in Swaziland, staying at the private Falaza reserve on our way down to St Lucia and Cape Vidal, before heading back towards Jo’burg to meet up with some South African friends for a couple of days

We’ve read all about the legal requirements, and appreciate we can’t fly in game reserves, but any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Best is to avoid flying close to airports,
St Lucia and Cape Vidal should not be a problem. Avoid flying over people or their property. If you need to them fly high so they will not see or hear.
If possible get permission to fly in private reserve, and share the video with us.
Have a safe trip. and take care. Be cautious at all times. Crime is quite high in our country however if you think before you do and do not advertise that you are tourists you should have a perfect time.
Travel safe and enjoy.

I have had a Mavic for two months live on a farm in the Tsitsikamma, Have only had fun with this toy.

I’m on a farm near Cullinan, East of Pretoria. Have had my MP about 1 year now. Everything still original and without a scratch, in spite of some serious flying (se log):
ca7904af37ca221a0ba4009dde6e7bec.jpg

Especially now that I also have the Dji goggles!

Last edited:
Howzit Guys..
I've recently got my Mavic Pro, bought it off a mate who has only flown it 3 times.
Im in Durban, so keen to find some other guys to fly with, or locations to try out.
The only open space close to my house is umm across the road from Westville Prison so I cant really fly there.
So far I've just been messing about with pics of my place or open spaces.
Oh and yes I know I shouldn't fly it over other peoples houses.

nTlq9uI.jpg

Outsurance insured my Mavic but they don’t insure against accidents - just against loss/theft
My mavic is insured against theft etc, as a normal camera would be, as long as it is on the ground.

No cover in the air, no fly-away cover, no 3rd party liability.

The only companies who offer this seem to insist on remote pilots license.

Enjoy the beach flying. Watch out for those offshore breezes!

Reactions: JazaAfrika
Hi can any one advice on fly with mavic pro from Durban to Jhb ? Hand luggage? Batteries protected with insulation tape and hand luggage?thanks in advance

Reactions: JazaAfrika
Hi can any one advice on fly with mavic pro from Durban to Jhb ? Hand luggage? Batteries protected with insulation tape and hand luggage?thanks in advance

I flew to Cape Town recently, I let my battery discharge down to about 50%, but had it in its case in my carry on, battery attached and no issues.
I was on Mango if that helps.

Hey everyone, where are your favourite spots to fly in and around capetown? Obviously there are ally of restrictions but just looking for a place i can go nice and early to grab some shots. Cheers

Any new members in the PTA region? I am based in Centurion and would like to meet up with a few guys who are more familiar with great flying spots. Absolutely love my MP

Reactions: Joss1
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803