DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic started to fly superslow after 10minutes of flight

tema

Reactions
Hi guys, ive read few posts about "kinda" my issue today, but this one was different.

So I was flying around the beach in thailand for about 10minutes, everything was good as always. I decided to take one more shot around the rocks. I was about 100meter high and 800meter far. Circling around one beatyful rock. Then suddenly I got disconnected from aircraft(usual stuff, frozen image, no connection, blablabla) That thing is super annoying and I really hope dji will fix this. RTH saved my life couple of times on this one. But this is not the issue, the real issue was when I regained the connection with the drone and I had about 7minutes of flight left on remote and started to come back. The drone was flying super slow(1meter/second or something like that). Rotation, ascending, descending was working fine, but to fly forwards or backwards was real pain in the ***. I switched to sport mode(it should disable OA, which I an issue in the new firmware update as I read, the problem is that I have an old firmware), same stuff turns like in sport mode but slow like a snail forwards or backwards. Remote is beeping, everything looks tragic for my drone. Somehow I managed to land it in the last seconds of a battery life on the beach 700meter away from me and 15cm away from the water... I was really close from making a submarine from my mavic... I found it, replaced the battery and tried it on the beach, low altitude, minimal range everything was back to normal except it was stopping at around 20meters away from me warning me about obstacles, after few tries this issue disappeared and everything was ok again. Also I noticed that in some magical way, max altitude got changed to 100meter and distance got changed to 380meters... I have no idea how its happened, but this freaks me out...Now im at my hotel updating the firmware(maybe its an issue) I will find out later today. This never happened before, I fly this thing for about three months almost every day. What could cause this, anyone...?

Here are some details about my flight conditions:

Weather was sunny and really hot, no wind at all(I flew before in same conditions, no problem). Time was around 2pm, so the sun was high above the drone and not infront of it. Compass is calibrated before each flight. No interference. Batteries are fine, rc is fine as well(pretty common wheel error message sometimes, without any malfunction). All this happened after 10minutes of a normal, usual flight, everything was good before. Also before this day. No issues at all(except disconnecting rc like once every two week). I dont know the firmware version as I already upgraded to a new one. But Im pretty sure it was 2 versions before(including the new upgrade). Anyways doesnt matter which version of firmware, as I wasnt upgrading my controller, mavic and go2 app for at least 1.5months and everything was working perfect...

This thing freaked me out, as I never had it before. Flying in thailand for months... what could it be? Anyone experienced this before? Hope you can help me to understand what is just happened... I will update my post after new flight in couple of hours...

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121