DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

I have the 2 bumps at the front top. They are actually small cracks when looked at it with a magnifying loop.
Contacted DJI about this and they want me to send it in.
This MP has never been used in sport mode, and never any hard landings.

Send it in mate mine was the same,got a new one back ie totally different serial and refresh transfered over to new drone. So far no probs with the new one. Pisser is no Mavic for nearly a month while it was on it's holiday to the Netherlands.

Send it in mate mine was the same,got a new one back ie totally different serial and refresh transfered over to new drone. So far no probs with the new one. Pisser is no Mavic for nearly a month while it was on it's holiday to the Netherlands.

Not exactly priority service. When did you send it in?

I would bother to tell you but somebody already did...

And he and you are completely misguided about what constitutes a repair or mod that voids a warranty. My MP is modified, yet I just got a $0 invoice from them for repair under warranty. Because my modification cannot possibly damage anything. In that spirit, the same thing for the stop crack propagation repair I suggest. Of course you have to apply a modicum of common sense and craftsmanship when doing such things and I understand that that is not everyone's cuppa.
upload_2017-3-29_20-3-5.png

I'm not going to attempt to repair something under warranty. Just seems asinine even as someone who takes pride in working on my own vehicles/motorcycles. If they feel like it they can deny warranty because of modification. Once you epoxy or drill holes you are hiding the obviousness it was a defect and not from an accident. Just because you are proud of your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it's going to apply to everyone.

I'm not going to attempt to repair something under warranty. Just seems asinine even as someone who takes pride in working on my own vehicles/motorcycles. If they feel like it they can deny warranty because of modification. Once you epoxy or drill holes you are hiding the obviousness it was a defect and not from an accident. Just because you are proud of your anecdotal evidence doesn't mean it's going to apply to everyone.

I guess you don't understand what DJI write in their T&C's for warranty. The word 'cause' is quite important.

Anecdotal? a) I have a unit there for repair b) it's been modified (photo posted yesterday) and c) they're not charging me a dime for the warranty repair because my modification did not "cause" the defect for which it is there.

That is about as simple as I can put it.

Two month old Mavic with a 20 flights or so. No bumps visible but I have a Drone Wrap skin on it.

And he and you are completely misguided about what constitutes a repair or mod that voids a warranty. My MP is modified, yet I just got a $0 invoice from them for repair under warranty. Because my modification cannot possibly damage anything....
View attachment 9522
Beast, why so rude?
You asked a question. People, including me, took the time to give you an answer. End of story.
You don't have to agree, but don't invite a discussion and then get pissy because everybody doesn't agree with you.
It sounds like you have reason to believe it won't be an issue. That's great. Drill, glue, and don't worry about it. Thumbswayup

To the OP, @makg , thanks for bringing this up! Will certainly be something several of us will be watching out for. In addition to seeing how DJI handles the repairs. Okay, gotta look for cracks on the gimble, cracks on the nose, anything else? ;)

Funny. I live in the Netherlands.
Any way. DJI Europe is about a 30 minutes drive from me.
I might drive over today and hand it over personally [emoji6]

Beast, why so rude?
You asked a question. People, including me, took the time to give you an answer. End of story.
You don't have to agree, but don't invite a discussion and then get pissy because everybody doesn't agree with you.
It sounds like you have reason to believe it won't be an issue. That's great. Drill, glue, and don't worry about it. Thumbswayup

Nothing rude about it. Making repairs to one's own property does not void warranty as long as that repair doesn't cause any issues. Roflyer made an assertion that is false. The DJI warranty terms are clear on that. But I'm not going to let falsehoods lie as it might prevent others from making rational decisions.

It is not an issue - proof: my modified bird is being repaired by DJI under warranty at no cost to me.

I don't care what decision someone else makes, but get the facts straight first.

Reactions: dwallersv
Two month old Mavic with a 20 flights or so. No bumps visible but I have a Drone Wrap skin on it.

I just skinned mine about a week before sending it in. During the skinning I would have noticed such, I think. Manufacturing date of mine was mid-January. 120 or so flights in cold (-6°C .. 2°C) weather with 5% or so at high speed in Sport mode.

Small Bumps, Nov 30 mfg date. Skinned now so dont notice. Mine functions so far great all around so no way sending in.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szost557