DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Stress Cracks

What concerns me is I'm not a frequent flyer. I've had mine going on 3 months with only about 3 flights. If this is caused after frequent flying and this starts after my 1 yr warranty, would it still be covered? No bumps as of yet.

On the Phantom 3 shell cracking, DJI was replacing the shells even after the warranty expired, probably because it was a known defect that effected some users. Hopefully they will do the same with the Mavic, and this problem.

Reactions: bsshog40
On the Phantom 3 shell cracking, DJI was replacing the shells even after the warranty expired, probably because it was a known defect that effected some users. Hopefully they will do the same with the Mavic, and this problem.

And with that I shudder, their standard customer service and keeping up with "standard" repairs is shocking enough, without having to add a possible mass defect to the mixture.

I have the stress damage in the same area. My first Mavic named Havic that I crashed had no bugle or cracks. When DJI sent the replacement bird it had marks in that area.

Mine reports as a manufacture date on my birthday; 20 Jan 2017.

I've had it since mid Feb, I've done about fifteen flights, been in sports mode once and the bumps were there when I opened the box.

The problem with that survey is we can't correlate dates of purchase to occurrence of bumps or cracks. (I can't see it there anyway)

That wouldn't demonstrate anything.

People could have bought it at the same time and flown in ten times as hard as someone who's never had a drone before and used it three times, in beginner mode, in the same time period.

Clearly the primary objective is to see if this is a batch defect and then correlate further similarities from that.

That wouldn't demonstrate anything.

People could have bought it at the same time and flown in ten times as hard as someone who's never had a drone before and used it three times, in beginner mode, in the same time period.

Clearly the primary objective is to see if this is a batch defect and then correlate further similarities from that.

Batches tend to be shipped at about the same time which is why I'm looking for such a correlation.

Other correlations would be "how" it's flown and "how much" and so on..

However Survey Monkey doesn't seem geared for that. Raw data (what each respondent) put in is what's needed to identify a trend (if any).

I have the same two bumps (no cracking). Manufacture date is 11/17/2016. I fly a lot in sport mode but looking at old photos, it appears it came that way. (This is my second Mavic after a warranty replacement due to a focus issue.)

Where do you find the manf. date? I got mine somewhere in the beginning of Feb. As I stated earlier, no issues here.

No bubble, no cracks and mine was manufactured very early Dec 16'. Have flown it over 100 times, covered over 155 miles distance. Flown it hard in sports mode and against many strong winds that pushed the mavic back when I left it without a command. Used sport mode to get her home and to achieve a top speed of 48mph. Also use the bag and for the first 3 months, shoved it front down in the bag until the Gimbal plastic cover cracked.

It looks as though I got lucky, haven't had any issues with it other than it mauling my hand.. (props were not damaged)

P.S - Bought it from a small store in Sri Lanka, whilst on my travels.

6aed5bc1ad82f4f5b9ee10312d6647c1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji