Mavic to iPad Cable

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Walt Rush, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Walt Rush

Walt Rush Member

During the past few weeks there have been a number of threads discussing the use of devices larger than an iPhone or similar smart-phone-like gadget. Some of the threads showed some seemingly cumbersome mounting devices for larger iPads but I haven't seen anything about longer cables to attach them to the Mavic Remote Controller. Has anyone found a source for longer "Lightening to Mavic" cables? The Mavic end of the cable is similar to the Mini USB but there are some subtle differences. Any ideas?

2. pilot370

pilot370 Member

I believe you can just unplug the lightening to Mavic plug and plug a USB to lightening cable in. It plugs into the front top of the controller. No need to get a special cable!

3. Walt Rush

Walt Rush Member

I tried that but it didn't work. If you compare the Mini-USB connector to the connector supplied with the Mavic there seems to be some differences with the pins contacts.

4. Casey

Casey Active Member

Correct. That is what I do when I use my iPad mini. One thing to keep in mind is to completely remove the short mavic to lightning cable. If it is still plugged into the controller the full size USB port will not activate

5. ThePhantom

ThePhantom Member

So you can't charge the controller while something else is plugged into the big uSB port?