DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic totalled while using Litchi

tpop24

Reactions
Have had my Mavic for a few weeks and have been using Litchi almost exclusively. I love the fpv feature. I have been working with waypoints and increasingly becoming bolder on the length and intricacy. I know about the line of site rule but stupidly tried to push it's limits. I plotted a flight with a total flight distance of 9242 ft. with a 9 min flight time. Altitude was set at a minimum of 95ft. well above any obstacles. I was flying with goggles and couldn't see the signal strength but was confident the Mavic would finish its mission. Video started breaking up and I decided to RTH. (RTH is above any obstacles) No response, lost video and connection jumped in my car and headed towards it, never reconnected. Searched 15 min then found it along side parking lot about 200 yards from last point seen in Litchi. It is toast. Camera broken. Arms bent landing gear broke
fadc6c546a47dd4d20be29f0a703cb8c.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using MavicPilots mobile app

I was only 4min into the flight. Started with a full battery. Found the crashed Mavic less than 20 min after takeoff. Battery still shows 3 lights. It was thrown about 20ft from Mavic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using MavicPilots mobile app

Hit a power line perhaps.
Had it continued enroute from the previous WPT? By this I mean, does where you found it suggest it was still continuing along your Litchi WPT route when it crashed - or do you think it had it spun around and started flying the RTH?

Does it power on? If so you should pull the logs with DJ Assistant. Then it will be pretty obvious if you hit something.

My bet is it collided with something. A wire from those silos or old water tower perhaps?

Are you getting it fix? I am interested in the controller if you are parting it. Sorry about your crash.

No wires or anything over about 60 ft where I found it. Are the dji log files more in-depth than healthy drone?
Yes way more so. HD only logs what is sent back to the RC and Litchi during the flight when there is a sginal. It has NFI what is going on during signal loss periods. The on aircraft DJI DAT file captures all the onboard info which is far more detailed.

This might not describe the latest version but will give you the gist of how to extract it
How to retrieve a .DAT

Once you get the dat file you can post it up somewhere like GDrive or dropbox and there are knowledgeable people around here who will be able to tell you exactly what went on.

I thought I had the bases covered with enough altitude to avoid any obstacles. I had tested Litchi waypoints several times on a smaller scale and it performed flawlessly. Everything was up to date, batteries charged, I thought I was ready This was my first big test, kinda pushing the limits to see what it can do before I head to the beach and get out over the water. Hindsight being 20/20...

I hope I am not out of place commenting on an app I have no familiarity with. I saw a video of an experienced Litchi app waypoints user explain how his quad crashed because he had altered (removed in this case) the number of waypoints after his initial programming and that as the program updated the new waypoints, some of the altitudes had changed. Fortunately, no damage was done and he was able to keep flying. He had to go in and reset some of the altitudes to compensate for the removed waypoints. I don't know if this is related.

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Have had my Mavic for a few weeks and have been using Litchi almost exclusively. I love the fpv feature. I have been working with waypoints and increasingly becoming bolder on the length and intricacy. I know about the line of site rule but stupidly tried to push it's limits. I plotted a flight with a total flight distance of 9242 ft. with a 9 min flight time. Altitude was set at a minimum of 95ft. well above any obstacles. I was flying with goggles and couldn't see the signal strength but was confident the Mavic would finish its mission. Video started breaking up and I decided to RTH. (RTH is above any obstacles) No response, lost video and connection jumped in my car and headed towards it, never reconnected. Searched 15 min then found it along side parking lot about 200 yards from last point seen in Litchi. It is toast. Camera broken. Arms bent landing gear broke
fadc6c546a47dd4d20be29f0a703cb8c.jpg

Sent from my VK815 using MavicPilots mobile app
Can you provide the .csv log file that Litchi produces? Not the HD .csv file, but the original .csv log that was submitted to HD.

Hi,

Here's the link to the file:

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AjMALoFHkqmdmEvZw_OaY8nalimd

Shared from Excel for Android
https://office.com/getexcel

I managed to extract a .csv from the link you posted. There wasn't anything indicating the cause of the incident. The .DAT will show any high acceleration events that would happen if the Mavic ran into something.

There is one question though. In the final 75 seconds of flight there were 3 pitch up/pitch down events. Since the Mavic was being controlled by a mission those events would have had to been programmed into the mission. Is this correct?
upload_2017-1-14_11-25-6.png
upload_2017-1-14_11-25-17.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser