DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic tracking devices

The Marco Polo tracker is a good tracker for the Mavic due to its small size (see it in action here). You can find a list of other commonly used trackers here.

Last edited:
If you want a way to carry the Marco Polo without permanently attaching it to your Mavic you can check out the 3D printed part that I designed which attaches to the rear landing legs and carries it without issues. There is a design for use with or without the extended landing gear that you can buy or print.

Mavic Pro Marco Polo Mount by Motley74

Make sure you get the drone version and not the pet version as it will be lighter

I use a Marco Polo attached to the side of the body with Velcro. Holds fast, small and discrete, great range and reasonable price (as far as I'm concerned).

Anyone tried the TK-Star GPS tracker. Just got one, not tried it yet on the Mavic but testing the accuracy it is very accurate, to within 3ft surprisingly. Going to velcro it to the side, hopefully it wont't fall off but I should be able to find it if it does:)

It is gprs and GPS. I am a little worried about the gprs causing interference so will take it easy and stay close whilst monitoring signal. You can set the sleep timer on it so I am hoping that whilst sleeping it isn't broadcasting anything, you wake it up by calling it so I'll check the signal whilst sleeping and then wake it up and see if the signal is degraded.

Looked at the Marco Polo initially but as said not available in the UK. Also quite heavy at 90g, 4x the Marco Polo.

Anyone tried the TK-Star GPS tracker. Just got one, not tried it yet on the Mavic but testing the accuracy it is very accurate, to within 3ft surprisingly. Going to velcro it to the side, hopefully it wont't fall off but I should be able to find it if it does:)

It is gprs and GPS. I am a little worried about the gprs causing interference so will take it easy and stay close whilst monitoring signal. You can set the sleep timer on it so I am hoping that whilst sleeping it isn't broadcasting anything, you wake it up by calling it so I'll check the signal whilst sleeping and then wake it up and see if the signal is degraded.

Looked at the Marco Polo initially but as said not available in the UK. Also quite heavy at 90g, 4x the Marco Polo.

Marco Polo is 12g

- Sport Mode addict, ride the wind!

Reactions: Tippocta
Just weighed it and it is actually 50g so 4x the Marco Polo. 90g in the advert must be shipping weight with charge cable etc.

Did a short test with the TK-Star GPS tracker and it looks good. It was foggy so couldn't go far but in a way a better test I guess, not sure if GPS can see through fog.

I landed out of site behind my house and saw no signal dropouts and compared flights on Healthy Drones and had 100% signal. I then called the tracker which was in sleep mode and it came back with a map showing the location which again amazingly was within 2ft.

3D printed a bracket which attaches to the back legs and it stayed on even with sport ascends and quick turns.

Hopefully get some better weather soon so that I can give it a further test.
IMG_1314.JPG IMG_1315.JPG IMG_1316.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851