DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic v p4 fpv feed

remydegreat

Reactions
Going upgrading to mavic or p4. Currently have a p3 standard.

What is fpv feed like on mavic compared to p4?
Does it still glitch as much as p4 ?

One big difference between lightbridge (phantom) and ocusync (mavic) seems to be how they deal with drop-outs or interference in the video downlink. The ocusync seems to drop a frame rather than display the glitch. The range is also better.

One big difference between lightbridge (phantom) and ocusync (mavic) seems to be how they deal with drop-outs or interference in the video downlink. The ocusync seems to drop a frame rather than display the glitch. The range is also better.

Would range on the phantom 4 still be very good.
I get about 1000 ft on p3 with clear line of sight

The P4 range is noticeably better than the P3. In regards to the P4 vs. Mavic range, the Mavic wins that battle. If you're trying to make a decision between P4 & Mavic, well I would go Mavic. The picture/video quality is virtually the same and the Mavic is portable. Now if image quality is a concern you should consider a P4 Pro.

Is there a compass issue with mavic or has this being addressed with update
I wasn't aware that there ever was a compass issue. Most issues with the Mavic are user issues (i.e. not reading manual, not waiting for GPS, trying to fly 2 miles out behind 30 story buildings)

Regardless of FPV range and image clarity. I'd never purchase a drone without operator controllable ATTI mode which the Mavic does not have.

I wasn't aware that there ever was a compass issue. Most issues with the Mavic are user issues (i.e. not reading manual, not waiting for GPS, trying to fly 2 miles out behind 30 story buildings)
There is a compass issue that DJI is looking to address. It involves the compass getting interference from the rear motors. The DJI update is supposed to make the front compass the primary instead of the rear one that tends to be more "noisy" because of this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtfuture11