DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic VII imminent?

Neilk

Reactions
just cancellled my Spark order as I don't think it'll arrive in time for holidays; and looking at it pound for pound, I think with 4K and longer flight times, the Mavic is the better bet long term ... for me anyway.

The question is, do I buy a Mavic now for my holidays, or sacrifice taking a drone in the knowledge a Mavic II is probably just around the corner ... and does anyone know what sort of upgrades we can expect and if it's worth holiding out?

Reactions: Wingo
The folks at the retail store don't know anything about it. At this point, I think it's all just speculation.

No one has a clue when it's going to be released or what upgrades it might have. I haven't seen any substantial rumours at all yet. You can wait but given the delays even if it gets announced it would be ages before you could get your hands on one.

If you're not careful you'll always be waiting for the newer version to come out.

Neilk, I agree with Pablo, if it were me I would go ahead and get the Mavic so you can get use to how it operates and enjoy flying now IMHO.

Reactions: Neilk
I might suggest that if you study the progression of the Phantom 4 and how each new generation has built on the previous generation, you might get an idea of what improvements the Mavic II will incorporate.

Rear and top avoidance sensors; upgraded camera; more robust gimbal - but it's all speculation until DJI wants us to know.

But @Pablo has the right idea to buy what's available and not wait for the " . . . next big thing." Life is too short.

Good Flying

Reactions: matth1000 and Neilk
The leaks for the DJI Spark were accurate and we knew a lot about it a good while before it was eventually released. That's the case with a lot of the big launches but so far I've seen absolutely nothing on another Mavic.

If I didn't have a Mavic now, I'd buy one to have over the summer as I can't see a new Mavic being hugely different - it's small, the performance is great and the camera is acceptable. I like the P4P's 1in sensor but I can't see that going in the Mavic and if it does, it will likely increase the price a fair bit.

John

DJI uses the apple model when it comes to new versions. Most of the time the upgrades are small incremental changes. Every now and then you get a big upgrade like lightbridge or a completely new camera but most of the time small changes. My call would be to get a Mavic today.

The only rumor I was able to find was DJI making a new label for supposedly a mavic standard.

My Spark shipped today... FedEx tracking shows it here on the 16th... Red, Fly more combo

When it gets here... Tracking now shows delivery 6/19 but at least its in FedEx hands and on its way

My delivery date showed into July ... just a few days off holiday ... a bit too close to risk. I'm off to Fuerteventura again (beautiful island, been 10's of times) and it was the Spark that finally made me put my hand in my wallet after 5 years of promising myself a drone! Seemed perfect, but when you scrutinise it further, the £700 price for a basic controller system, short flight time, good but not 4K camera ... I just figured I should bite the bullet and go for the full Mavic instead. Even when you look at the size, with the legs folded it's widthways smaller than the Spark.

Perhaps if the Spark came with the controller at £500 it wouldn't be so bad; and I'm hoping it will work with the Mavic so maybe at some point in the future, when I've bought a Mavic, I can perhaps also get a Spark. I think DJI will have missed a trick here if they don't do both ways compatibility.

Thanks for everyone's comments!

Reactions: Pablo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun