DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wants to land rather than takeoff

Apocalypso

Reactions
OK, sometimes I notice the following, when turning on my MP:

I open up the DJI Go4 app, turn on the RC, wait for bootup, turn on the Mavic Pro. I get GSM lock, ready to fly, home point set, etc. And on the Go4 app, the icon to the left of the display is to Auto Land! Not Auto Takeoff. This only happens sometimes. Has anyone else noticed this symptom? What could be causing it?

Do this... turn on the RC controller, turn on the Mavic. Allow them to connect and then launch the Go app.

I've seen the same. I think it's more to do with sequence. For instance mine occurs most often when I turn mine on while it's sitting on my tailgate and then walk over to my take off spot. I would be inclined to think that the mavic will set zero altitude where you turn it on and when it realizes that it is below that the system gets confused to think that it is in flight. It is written within the Great Book of remote control that the controller should always be on before starting the controlled device :)

Display bug. Not important.
Well, except if it is a bug, I haven't found a way out of it. Not that I Auto takeoff a lot, I just don't like seeing Auto Land when I haven't taken off. Doesn't exactly instill confidence.

Well, except if it is a bug, I haven't found a way out of it. Not that I Auto takeoff a lot, I just don't like seeing Auto Land when I haven't taken off. Doesn't exactly instill confidence.
In my experience it's 'motor start' that changes Auto takeoff to Auto land.
That is, with the motors stationary the display offers auto takeoff.
If I start the motors with a CSC the controller thinks I am flying the aircraft, so immediately changes the display to Auto land.

Regards

If I start the motors with a CSC the controller thinks I am flying the aircraft, so immediately changes the display to Auto land.

Regards

I think you might be right actually- will test soon.

Regards

That makes perfect sense. I always do a manual take-off and honestly never slow down enough to really look at what's going on I just do a reboot.

Reactions: CentralVAphoto
That makes perfect sense. I always do a manual take-off and honestly never slow down enough to really look at what's going on I just do a reboot.

I have been aggravated by this for almost six months now. Was this the solution for you? I ALWAYS start the motors with a CSC. And like you, never checked the left screen before motor start. Will try it as soon as batteries are charged...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie