DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

joevdw

Reactions
Clearance covered (FAA) , city covered, police covered, last but not least.. wife loves it!

It went perfectly for 20 plus minutes.. forgot to set hover, and shut off return to home at low battery! WHOOPS!

All in all, I should have been in portrait mode more... but it was going a little too slow for the speed of the parade.

Clearance covered (FAA) , city covered, police covered, last but not least.. wife loves it!

It went perfectly for 20 plus minutes.. forgot to set hover, and shut off return to home at low battery! WHOOPS!

All in all, I should have been in portrait mode more... but it was going a little too slow for the speed of the parade.

Nice!

Very cool, thanks for sharing. Nice that your town was open to the idea. I'm guessing you had to stay over pavement and below a certain height, which is why I don't see any parade flyovers. Had to be so tempting to run up and down the course, though... ;)

Any chance you had it skinned green, stickered up, or flying with a hat? Just curious. It was in a parade after all!

No disrespect but you're a brave man flying that low with so many people around, having clearance or not. If anything went wrong you would have been in trouble quick... I have a lot of hours on my Mavic(not that you do or don't, I don't know) and its enough to know flying safely is always the best course. A low GPS signal would have put a real damper on the day, as I have randomly received a low GPS in areas I have constantly flown consistently. But it looked like everyone like it! Happy flying!

Reactions: joevdw
Very cool, thanks for sharing. Nice that your town was open to the idea. I'm guessing you had to stay over pavement and below a certain height, which is why I don't see any parade flyovers. Had to be so tempting to run up and down the course, though... ;)

Any chance you had it skinned green, stickered up, or flying with a hat? Just curious. It was in a parade after all!
I didn't want to alter the drone at all just for the sake of something going wrong so I had the green on that was about it

Was the proximity to you one of the requirements for the clearance? It seems kind of pointless to film what's directly in front of you with a drone.

What was the vehicle in front of you recording? Were you recording you recording it?

At one point it looks like a couple walked right into the Mav. That must have been a pucker moment....

Friendly crowd. I flew over a river and someone on the riverbank threw an object at my Mavic. I didn't notice until I played back the video from my craft on the big screen.

Now I don't get it multiple times:
a) what's the oops moment you mention?
b) what's the point of filming a truck with a camera on it for 20mins? What about the parade? I cannot see it...
c) movement is much too erratic for my taste
d) cutting the footage would make the whole thing more interesting...

Now I don't get it multiple times:
a) what's the oops moment you mention?
b) what's the point of filming a truck with a camera on it for 20mins? What about the parade? I cannot see it...
c) movement is much too erratic for my taste
d) cutting the footage would make the whole thing more interesting...

Looks like the Mavic was part of the parade.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143