DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic went crazy when launched

bountyrunr

Reactions
I launched my mavic the other night and right when it launched it hooked a hard left turn and right into my car and the corner of a wall! Very sad to see happen! I emergency stopped it immediately. I went to see the condition of my mavic and one of the legs was folded back in. I hope it was not a glitch - I am very cautious to fly this again! Nothing reported on my flight log. Only real damage was some scrapes on my car, a scuff on the top of the batter, and my propellers were very scratched up and one was even chipped. Will post images this afternoon. Had this happened to any other pilots?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Did you calibrate your compass and/or take off near magnetic metal objects? How close was your car to your Mavic?

Thats exactly what happened with my Phantom 3 A when there was magnetic interference. Took off over a concrete pad with tons of rebar (metal) in it and next to a vehicle. Wham! hit the trailer ball hitch and since I had prop guards on it just looped itself onto the trailer ball and I killed the motors. Scary enough to teach the lesson.

Reactions: DGitalChaos
Please get the DAT file for this flight off of your mavic, using the instructions here. How to retrieve a .DAT Do NOT include the vision module file. Once you got it, upload it to dropbox.com or google drive and provide the link here. We can help determine why the craft flew the way it did.

I'd also suggest uploading the TXT file from your ios/android device and upload that to here, then provide the link. https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/upload/

Good suggestion as this will uncover internal flight data about battery health and sensors as well as RC stick input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
valter123