DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic will stay still

Sky Shark

Reactions
I've had this Mavic for four weeks, the last few days I have to calibrate IMU every time I turn it on.
Now for two days it moves up to two feet up and down when hovering and a foot side ways.
Is there a fix for this?

Reactions: Skcorsemaj
No other fixes since you already calibrated the IMU.
I suggest you try a different firmware version and see if that helps.

Rob

Reactions: Sky Shark
What are you seeing when you turn it on that makes you think you need to calibrate the IMU again?
Where exactly have you been calibrating the IMU?
Have you crashed/dropped/damaged your Mavic?

What are you seeing when you turn it on that makes you think you need to calibrate the IMU again?
Have you crashed/dropped/damaged your Mavic?

The words "calibrate " are in red on the screen next to IMU. This screen just pops up automatically.

How about my other questions?

Reactions: Timbooo
Good news. There's just one more question ;)

A screen just pops up in the dji app, and will not let me fly until I calibrate the IMU, not sure how to get there it just pops up in red letters. Not sure how else to tell you, hope this explains it.

Tell us more about what you do after you see that message on the screen. Where are you located (inside, outside, on a grassy hill, etc.). How exactly do you perform the calibration?

Tell us more about what you do after you see that message on the screen. Where are you located (inside, outside, on a grassy hill, etc.). How exactly do you perform the calibration?

Oh, lol. I was on our deck out side in the shade. I put it in all the positions the app said to. Then it said complete.

Did you check if the deck is perfectly level? If it's not, try calibrating the IMU indoors on a surface that is perfectly level.

Ok I'll try that tomorrow, thanks . I really like flying it so this is kinda aggravating. Thanks for all the replies.

Isn't it kind of weird for the app to ask you to calibrate IMU every time you want to fly?

doesn't sound normal to me

You should also make sure not to have any magnetic interference when you calibrate it. The deck might have metal structures that interferes.

I calibrated the IMU in a field on a level box, turned off the power and waited five minutes. I repeated this process with the compass and gimbal. I also calibrated the front and bottom sensors with the dji assistant 2. After all this the mavic still drifts up and down some times over two feet. I'm ready to send it back to dji.

Send it back and have them fix it. I crashed and now I'm drifting. I haven't had a chance to try any of these solutions yet so keep us posted.

Reactions: Sky Shark
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji