DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic wont connect to DJI A2

RTJersek

Reactions
i am having an issue with my mavic connecting to DJI A2, i downloaded the software from DJI's site to my WIN8.1 laptop installed and ran program plugged my mavic into my computer and signed in and turned my mavic on and it just stayed at the opening screen. did multiple un-installs and installs and still nothing. i even tried plugging my remote controller in to my computer and turning it on and letting it connect to my mavic and still nothing. this is really bugging me cause if i ever have to do a VPS re-calibration i wont be abe to, im sure someone has had this issue before and im pretty sure there is a work around to get it to work.

i am having an issue with my mavic connecting to DJI A2, i downloaded the software from DJI's site to my WIN8.1 laptop installed and ran program plugged my mavic into my computer and signed in and turned my mavic on and it just stayed at the opening screen. did multiple un-installs and installs and still nothing. i even tried plugging my remote controller in to my computer and turning it on and letting it connect to my mavic and still nothing. this is really bugging me cause if i ever have to do a VPS re-calibration i wont be abe to, im sure someone has had this issue before and im pretty sure there is a work around to get it to work.
Seems to be that the A2 is not seeing the Mavic.
Have you tried other USB ports on your computer?
I had this issue once and used another port and it worked.

Seems to be that the A2 is not seeing the Mavic.
Have you tried other USB ports on your computer?
I had this issue once and used another port and it worked.
Yeah I tried all three of my ports, I even went to administrative level to individually check all the drivers making sure they were all up to date, I probably wouldn't have this problem if I had a MacBook...lol

Yeah I tried all three of my ports, I even went to administrative level to individually check all the drivers making sure they were all up to date, I probably wouldn't have this problem if I had a MacBook...lol
Sorry to hear that. You said that you checked the drivers.
Did you check to see if there were any conflicts on the comm ports?
This could also cause issues if there is a conflict.
I suppose you already tried another USB cable.
Hope you get it working. Good luck!:)

Sorry to hear that. You said that you checked the drivers.
Did you check to see if there were any conflicts on the comm ports?
This could also cause issues if there is a conflict.
I suppose you already tried another USB cable.
Hope you get it working. Good luck!:)
Yeah, I'm not too sure about that but I tried several cables and nothing, like I said the windows USB connection sound plays when I power the mavic up but no response from the assistant, some one told me about holding F8 while booting up but I didn't see any changes, I turned antivirus and firewall off as well and still nothing. I hate what I'm gonna have to say next, I might actually have to get in contact with DJI support.

Ok so here's something interesting that I found out, it looks like there's two different versions of assistant based on the operating system that you are installing it on. My wife has a windows10 laptop and I downloaded and installed A2 on her computer and it installed all of the drivers, drivers that I was never asked to install on my windows8.1 laptop even though all of the dialog boxes were in Chinese. So on my computer I went into USB devices and checked the properties of my mavic and there was a caution symbol and that was for some sort of CDC driver and windows couldn't find a update for it or know what to use that driver for

Ok so here's something interesting that I found out, it looks like there's two different versions of assistant based on the operating system that you are installing it on. My wife has a windows10 laptop and I downloaded and installed A2 on her computer and it installed all of the drivers, drivers that I was never asked to install on my windows8.1 laptop even though all of the dialog boxes were in Chinese. So on my computer I went into USB devices and checked the properties of my mavic and there was a caution symbol and that was for some sort of CDC driver and windows couldn't find a update for it or know what to use that driver for
As stated earlier, there was a port conflict with A2.
I use both PC and mac at random with A2 and have this issue from time to time with my clients. Just a bit of tweaking windows is all it takes sometimes.
Glad you are figuring it out:cool:!

Thanks, I think for right now if I have to go into A2, I'll just use my wife's computer. With all of those Chinese dialog boxes for the drivers hope I didn't set my wife's computer up for failure

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom