DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't connect to Go app

Beer

Reactions
I got my mavic two days ago. I had no problems upgrading the firmware with the go app. Yesterday I took my first flight with no issues. I started to fly today but the go app will not connect to the Drone. The controller appears to connect fine. But I still get but I still get no connection to the app. I've tried restarting the phone and reinstalling the app with no luck. I've also double check the connection with the cable on the controller and the phone. Any ideas?

Reactions: Weidy
What kind of device are you using? Did you try a different device?

I had a similar problem with connection on my P4 some months back. It turned out to be the Lightning Cable I purchased from an unauthorised dealer. I replaced it with a genuine Apple cable and all was well after.

Reactions: Sarge
TALKING about cable, original poster, did u put the right cable ?

there is an android actually 3 different types of cables in the box : android (micro usb), IOS, and Lithning...

Hi,
I have a problem with Iphone 6 DJI GO 4 will not get connected.
Not with side connection or not with the USB in the bottom of the remote...
I tried 3 different cables, two different iPhones. (both 6 with IOS 10.2, one of them had 10.1 in the beginning - no luck.)
DJI GO 4 is downloaded 3 days ago. Firmware updated on controller and main unit...
Strangely my IPad will connect with no problem. With both cables... But not Iphones...
Also fully resetted one of the phones and tried - nothing. Restored afterwards from backup - still nothing.
I have no Idea what to do, other than just wait for a software update.

Try:
Remove the side cable completely. Try the bottom usb port with data+power cable (test on PC if you can transfer data).
Wifi only connection. This will eliminate if its an app issue.
If IOS, try android and vice versa.

There's 2 versions of DJI GO. Clean uninstall and install and restart phone on each attempt.

Try:
Remove the side cable completely. Try the bottom usb port with data+power cable (test on PC if you can transfer data).
Wifi only connection. This will eliminate if its an app issue.
If IOS, try android and vice versa.

There's 2 versions of DJI GO. Clean uninstall and install and restart phone on each attempt.

Remove the cable - done that
Bottom usb port works fine - updated firmware via PC
Wifi only - will try that later today and give some feedback.
IOS and android not to point to test actually as Ipad with IOS work fine.

What do you mean there is 2 versions of DJI GO? I can see DJI GO 4 and DJI GO without any number... but it doestn say that it will support Mavic... can it?

Remove the cable - done that
Bottom usb port works fine - updated firmware via PC
Wifi only - will try that later today and give some feedback.
IOS and android not to point to test actually as Ipad with IOS work fine.

What do you mean there is 2 versions of DJI GO? I can see DJI GO 4 and DJI GO without any number... but it doestn say that it will support Mavic... can it?

Ok. tried few things:
1. Another app (DJI GO): same result - no connection.
2. Wifi only - worked right away
3. Another iPhone (5) - worked fine.

So I believe it is a problem with the IPhone 6 current version of software, as two different models of Iphone 6 are not connecting.

Dragging this topic back up as I am having an issue.

I originally set up, updated, and flew the Mavic with my droid mini connected to the controller.

I bought an Nvidia Shield tablet and loaded Lichti on it and have been flying with that for a week.

I booted up the DJI Go4 app on the Shield tablet and no dice, it won't connect to the drone. I tried the factory cable through the side terminal, and the aftermaket cable through the bottom terminal. In both cases, Lichti works just fine but NOT A CHANCE with DJI Go4. Reinstall Go4, still no dice.

Connect the droid mini and it works just fine with Go4.

First, it seems kindof counter-productive that a third-party app work with a common tablet but the OEM app not work. Second, has anyone else had these issues with the Shield?

Interestingly I was having the same issue. DJIGO, DJIGO4, AND Lithci would not connect. What did work for me was to turn on remote first, then the Mavic, then plug in my phone to the remote. When prompted to chose the app of choice, I'd choose only once instead of setting a default app. This method was successful with all three apps.
Just to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind, I tried all three apps the way I used to connect...pre-plug the phone first, then turn on remote, drone, choose app...and none of the apps connected. I'm using an android phone btw. Hope this procedure helps others fighting this issue.

Sent from my SM-G900V using MavicPilots mobile app

Does anyone now with which older than [3.1.2] versions off the Go app the mavic works?
because i want to keep [2.7.1] to fly with my i1 [ AC on 1.6.00.40] and the [2.8.3] on my Slave iPad
But i don't get cam view in the app's when linked to a Mavic. ( on [3.1.2] it works)
In the older Go-app i don't get the 'Mavic ' choice in the start-up screen...allthough in the start-up of my 'Slave iPad' (which is on Go-App 2.8.3) it sees my Mavic as an "Kumquat" ....?
In Litchi ihave Cam view...

Sorry if this is off topic or not in the right place...

Hap...good call on the default app. That solved it as Lichti was the default app. If I made the connection with Lichti, then closed the program, GO4 wouldn't connect. I turned Lichti off as the default and GO4 connected.

I couldn't connect after I got a replaced Mavic from DJI. Connecting via Wifi once always solved it for me. After that, I could also connect via Controller.

I have a similar problem, I am new to the Mavic. I can not connect the controller to the aircraft using the installed USB mini to lighting. After some research I tried using the USB on the bottom of the controller to my iPhone 6 instead of the mini USB on the side. And it worksI You must unplug the side USB. Is it a faulty controller, USB mini cable, or me?? Any help is appreciated

Just did the latest upgrade and everything looks fine but then the DJIGo4 app stop seeing the controller. Controller is connected to the drone.

I have a similar problem, I am new to the Mavic. I can not connect the controller to the aircraft using the installed USB mini to lighting. After some research I tried using the USB on the bottom of the controller to my iPhone 6 instead of the mini USB on the side. And it worksI You must unplug the side USB. Is it a faulty controller, USB mini cable, or me?? Any help is appreciated
Did you found a solution? Have the exact same problem with my Nexus 6P, and the USB-C connector. Works fine when I put it in the bottom USB port but nothing happens when I use the included USB-C and the side port. Since the Nexus is my only USB-C device I can't check the cable but vill try it with an iPhone this evening to see if there is something wrong with the side port.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app

Did you found a solution? Have the exact same problem with my Nexus 6P, and the USB-C connector. Works fine when I put it in the bottom USB port but nothing happens when I use the included USB-C and the side port. Since the Nexus is my only USB-C device I can't check the cable but vill try it with an iPhone this evening to see if there is something wrong with the side port.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using MavicPilots mobile app
Odd.

My Nexus 6P only works when I use the included USB-C cable in the side port. I cannot get it to work at all in the lower port.... So far, I've been blaming my cable(s)...

Hi,
I have a problem with Iphone 6 DJI GO 4 will not get connected.
Not with side connection or not with the USB in the bottom of the remote...
I tried 3 different cables, two different iPhones. (both 6 with IOS 10.2, one of them had 10.1 in the beginning - no luck.)
DJI GO 4 is downloaded 3 days ago. Firmware updated on controller and main unit...
Strangely my IPad will connect with no problem. With both cables... But not Iphones...
Also fully resetted one of the phones and tried - nothing. Restored afterwards from backup - still nothing.
I have no Idea what to do, other than just wait for a software update.

I have the same problem, I can use it with my iPad Pro 12.9 iOS 9.1 Jailbroken, but for the life of me, the app/phone/controller will not connect with my iPhone 6S Plus 128GB iOS 9.3.1

To use the bottom USB port you must have nothing plugged into the side port

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore