DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic won't connect to my S7 Samsung any ideas?

Dakotacrywolf

Reactions
I debated for several months on getting a drone , I finally broke down got it. Unboxxed it charged all the batteries, hooked up my phone and it won't connect. I watched a few YouTube videos saying yep many problems with the Samsung phone ok besides going buying another phone any ideas?

... I run a samsung s7 edge. Also a samsung tab e.

Are you in developer mode? With usb debugging enabled?

Hmmm I'll try again I'm brand new to this have never had a drone kinda new the book for idiots lol I'll play with it see if I can figure something out.

I assume you're using the cable that plugs in on the left hand side? Try unplugging the top of this cable and putting a micro USB cable into the underside of the remote controller (There's a second standard USB port there) and plug it into your phone, see if reacts to that.

John

I'm using my Samsung S7 and the only time I've had issues connecting is when I turned the controller on and then connected my phone. So my sop is to attach my phone turn the controller on then the mavic and then start dji go. I don't believe I've ever had an issue going on that order.

It should auto start. Auto recognize and ask wtf you want to do with this peripheral.

If it works any other way great. But I'm surprised you guys have this issue. With usb debugging on right? Developer mode. Lol. "Is their smoke or flames coming out"

If so. well. Theirs your problem.

edit - Oh yeh make sure your not plugged into the charging/cellphone adapter if using the bottom usb. I have had issues. One cable plugged in or the other.

I personally do not use developer mode. Always turned off. You are right though devin120 the app does auto start but I don't click ok until I have everything turned on.

I assume you're using the cable that plugs in on the left hand side? Try unplugging the top of this cable and putting a micro USB cable into the underside of the remote controller (There's a second standard USB port there) and plug it into your phone, see if reacts to that.

John

I have the same issue. The DJI cable sometimes connects, sometimes not. Using the bottom USB on the RC with the Samsung USB cable everything works perfectly.
Does it mean the supplied cable from DJI is defect?

I have the same issue. The DJI cable sometimes connects, sometimes not. Using the bottom USB on the RC with the Samsung USB cable everything works perfectly.
Does it mean the supplied cable from DJI is defect?

I'm not sure, I've mostly only used the USB port on the underside as my phone's USB port is on the side. It does sometimes seem a little hit and miss with the timing, sometimes my phone doesn't seem to recognise the USB connection on the first attempt but always does on the second.

John

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters